Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanadianOne
    replied
    Thank you for the words of wisdom. I think given a five on five off schedule and not every day on is a rough day some are easier. With some added rest days when needed and continuous progress I expect amazing results. I appreciate the caution about exercising in a dehydrated state I am going for self improvement not injury.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianOne View Post
    Yes I work in a hot underground mine so sometimes I am too dehydrated or have heat stress. I am a good judge of my body so I did 531 successfully for a while by adjusting workload to how I felt. If I just feel ok I would beat the log book for main lift and then work on weak points. When I felt good I would crush as many big compound exercises as I could. So my old volume style required more recovery. But I am trying dc method so with the decreased volume I want to increase frequency to the max when I can. I want to go beast mode and hammer in as much as I can when I feel like a champ. I was wondering if there are general guidelines to adding in volume occasionally safely. Or is the reasoning to having a day in between workouts a hard rule that should not be broken. Like if it severely slows growth or can increase injury chances dramatically.
    Adding in volume is not something that would fall within DC parameters, no. However, if your specific situation calls for something like this so that you can work around your strenuous job, you may have no choice but to bastardize it to fit your needs. The rest day in between workouts is a big part of the protocol, though.

FYI: Be careful with high intensity training if you aren't fully hydrated or your electrolytes are out of whack. Most people think that this just impairs muscular contraction and strength, but the reality is it opens you up for an injury, big time. Given your situation with your job, you may not want to go the route of something as high-intensity as DC. I'm not talking you out of it; I'm just trying to give you information to help.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• CanadianOne
    replied
    Yes I work in a hot underground mine so sometimes I am too dehydrated or have heat stress. I am a good judge of my body so I did 531 successfully for a while by adjusting workload to how I felt. If I just feel ok I would beat the log book for main lift and then work on weak points. When I felt good I would crush as many big compound exercises as I could. So my old volume style required more recovery. But I am trying dc method so with the decreased volume I want to increase frequency to the max when I can. I want to go beast mode and hammer in as much as I can when I feel like a champ. I was wondering if there are general guidelines to adding in volume occasionally safely. Or is the reasoning to having a day in between workouts a hard rule that should not be broken. Like if it severely slows growth or can increase injury chances dramatically.

Leave a comment:

• justaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
    What do you mean when you say you get paid from the neck down?

Skip
    I'm guessing he gets paid to do a laborious job not to think, since he says he is fatigued.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    What do you mean when you say you get paid from the neck down?

Skip

Leave a comment:

• CanadianOne
    started a topic Splitting the split and recovery

Splitting the split and recovery

I was wondering about recovery and growth when you change the split. For example say I get paid from the neck down and work a five and five schedule. So on days on sometimes I just need a rest day or do half the workout. The related muscle groups of course like chest shoulders and triceps. On days off it is tempting to smash an extra workout. For example on the last day off do a full workout in the morning and a half at night.

Does this stress your body to make it counterproductive ? Does your cns have a set amount of time to recover after widowmakers? Or if it feels right smash that
Working...
X