Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlifts and Rack pulls on same 2 way split?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlifts and Rack pulls on same 2 way split?

So on the 2 way split you have 3 workouts where you train back thickness. A1,A2,A3. Erectors and overall thickness is something I really want to bring up this offseason. Has anyone programmed deadlift AND rack pull in there split?

For my thickness exercises I was going to do
    A1 - deadlift
    A2 - rack pull below knee
    A3 - tbar row

I feel training 3 days in a week I would recover.

If your going to keep those exercises in then I would move your A2 to A3 thus giving your lower back a rest. However, if you keep it as is, I would at least put leg press's into my B1 program..
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
      If your going to keep those exercises in then I would move your A2 to A3 thus giving your lower back a rest. However, if you keep it as is, I would at least put leg press's into my B1 program..
      Thank you my friend. You have a lot of answers to my DC questions much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Reilly View Post
        So on the 2 way split you have 3 workouts where you train back thickness. A1,A2,A3. Erectors and overall thickness is something I really want to bring up this offseason. Has anyone programmed deadlift AND rack pull in there split?

A1 - deadlift
        A3 - tbar row

Regardless of how you arrange these, there will always be two back thickness days where you're doing a DL variation on successive upper body training days. However...

The issue is where / when you're putting any squat variations and to what extent for you the low back is stressed by each of these DL's and Each of these squat variations, as well as how much each of these limits you on the subsequent day of training.

For instance, you might not be able to do ANY squat variation in the next leg workout after doing a DL variation the previous upper body day.

Or.. you might be able to do some form of a squat after DL'ing the previous workout.

So, it' somewhat up to you, but many have had two kind of DL's in their rotation doing DC.

It might look like this, workout by workout (showing only Back thickness and squatting / "quad" movements)

Rack DL
        Leg press
        Full DL
        Reverse Hack (hack squat machine facing the padding, easier - on the back if you have the right machine / set up)
        T-Bar Row
        High Bar smith squat (less low back involvement with the Oly style squatting).
        <repeat above>
        (Back to) Rack DL
        ETC

This gives you two DL movements plus T-bar rows, and two squatting movement that are easier on the Low back.

So if / when following a DL, the low back won't be the limiter for the squatting movement, or if preceding it, the squatting movement won't make the low back the weak link on that day, ideally... )

Leg press is between the two DL's to prioritize low back recovery there.

(You could swap here when you do Rack DL vs. Full DL if you like or feel you need to down the line.)

-S

The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

Regardless of how you arrange these, there will always be two back thickness days where you're doing a DL variation on successive upper body training days. However...

The issue is where / when you're putting any squat variations and to what extent for you the low back is stressed by each of these DL's and Each of these squat variations, as well as how much each of these limits you on the subsequent day of training.

For instance, you might not be able to do ANY squat variation in the next leg workout after doing a DL variation the previous upper body day.

Or.. you might be able to do some form of a squat after DL'ing the previous workout.

So, it' somewhat up to you, but many have had two kind of DL's in their rotation doing DC.

It might look like this, workout by workout (showing only Back thickness and squatting / "quad" movements)

Rack DL
          Leg press
          Full DL
          Reverse Hack (hack squat machine facing the padding, easier - on the back if you have the right machine / set up)
          T-Bar Row
          High Bar smith squat (less low back involvement with the Oly style squatting).
          <repeat above>
          (Back to) Rack DL
          ETC

This gives you two DL movements plus T-bar rows, and two squatting movement that are easier on the Low back.

So if / when following a DL, the low back won't be the limiter for the squatting movement, or if preceding it, the squatting movement won't make the low back the weak link on that day, ideally... )

Leg press is between the two DL's to prioritize low back recovery there.

(You could swap here when you do Rack DL vs. Full DL if you like or feel you need to down the line.)

-S

Awesome info Scott thanks. Love your book

Comment

Awesome info Scott thanks. Love your book
            No problem and thank you!

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

A1 - deadlift
              A3 - tbar row

You did see my video response on this right? Just want to make sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Datas4 View Post

You did see my video response on this right? Just want to make sure!
                Yes! I posted this topic before I asked in your video thread loved the input brother

Comment

Working...
                X