Hello Fellow Doggpounders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Fellow Doggpounders!

Hey guys, Babygetoboy here, might notice me from a few other sites where I've posted about my DC experience and try to help others out.

Currently, I am about to start my second cruise since working with DC. I am up 52lbs since starting with him, and have also lost some bodyfat, I know, I'm amazed as well! I can't say enough how much Dante has changed my life, it's incredible. I am now at 6' 232 or at the end of this last blast. 300 will be mine.

For anyone who has quesitons or anything regarding DC training or the diet or anything about it, feel free to post and I'll help out best as I can, as I'm sure In-Human, Snowblind, Raul or any of my other DC boys will too. DC is a busy man, so if possible, post on here first to see if we can help you out instead of e-mailing him.

Welcome To The Wonderful World Of Doggcrapp!
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Good to have you here BGB. About what are your cals like a day? Protien? Have you been increasing while your weight increases or have you been at the same level the whole time? I am looking into DC's program when I get down with my contest diet.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Good to see you here BGG and Raul..
      Train like a freak, every time.

Comment

Thanks bro's, great to see everyone here, this should be an awesome forum.

My calories during a blast I'm not quite sure, don't count them, but I'd guess between 6,000 and 9,000. I'm an ex-fatboy, so all this eating is no problem for me! I love it! Protein is probably at about 600+, I get over 100grams every meal pretty much.

I have been keeping everything the saem as my weight increases, and wont' change until I stop gaining, which I don't see happening quite yet, still increasing amazingly fast! I love it!

Originally posted by rugbythug
        Good to have you here BGB. About what are your cals like a day? Protien? Have you been increasing while your weight increases or have you been at the same level the whole time? I am looking into DC's program when I get down with my contest diet.
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Yes I'm like Babygeto, myself, I'm a resurrected fat pig myself, I love food and the eating part of DC's routine was not that bad, the workouts, well that is another story.

Now we can not all be monsters like Babygeto and gain extra people on our bodies in 14 fucking weeks, I'm just one of those small weak guys, I only gained 8 lbs of solid muscle in 10 weeks, shit that is more than I did all last year, DC is the man.

I consume 6000 to 8000 cals per day and 600 to 700 grams of protein, yes its fun.

Glad to see the diciples here, all you guys are great, and huge of course, and as Raul would say, "rape that log book"...
          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
            Now we can not all be monsters like Babygeto and gain extra people on our bodies in 14 fucking weeks, I'm just one of those small weak guys, I only gained 8 lbs of solid muscle in 10 weeks, shit that is more than I did all last year, DC is the man.

I.

Please bro, you are a lot farther along and much bigger, my gains will stop slowing down soon, I've only been training about a year or so, 8lbs of solid muscle at your stage is incredible!

I'm hoping I can get to a solid and dense 275 or so, hopefully higher. I'm only 23, still got plenty of time, just gotta figure out a carrer for myself! Any and all suggestions are welcomed, Yikes , I'm even thinking of entering the police academy!
            TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Hey Babygeto, how about you be a full time forklift, hehe.

Hey thats cool if you became a cop, I'm sure you would have no problem getting respect.

Your gains are just awsome man, I am so impressed, DC really knows his shit, huh.

You lucky sob, wish I would have found DC when I was 23, I asked DC the other day, "where were you when I was 20", he said, "I was 10", smart ass that he is...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

ok - a few questions

ok guys - I'm going to take you up on your offer to answer a few questions. Maybe you can just point me to the right threads for my answers, that's fine. I have read DC's overview of the program in this forum and it looks very interesting.

I have worked with Skip before (he has worked with me - lol) and I trust that he would not have encouraged DC to come over here if he did not respect his program and knowledge - so that is already a big thing in the positive column.

I'm an old natty, 44 now and have always been clean but I'm still working hard at this game. I managed to put on about 8 lbs of LBM last year while holding bf% steady and I'm trying to do the same this year. My current program has allowed me to get stronger in core exercises so the theory matches. I have been following a program with less volume and more intensity (less rest between sets) and have been pretty pleased. The DC program seems to take this (less volume/more intensity) to the next level. The Monday/Wed/Fri schedule works perfectly for me so I like that already.

Here are my questions. DC talks about taking the muscle to the point where you have stimulated growth but not gone beyond that point so that recovery becomes an issue. I suspect that the key to this program may be finding out what that point is for yourself, i.e. "How far do I need to go with intensity for this to work for me?" Help me understand the type of body/physical feedback that lets you know you are at the right level of intensity.

I like the rest pause, going to positive failure and controlled negative/static components but can this be done effectively if you do not have a training partner or a reliable spotter? That is the situation I'm in, so I would have to find exercises and methods that would allow me to crank up the intensity but not get injured considering that I would not have a training partner or spotter there to help me push to the limits safely.

I also gather that calorie intake needs to be high. I'm already taking in a lot of protein and on my gaining program I have been running 500 to 1,000 k/cals above maintenace per day, then I cycle back to a week of 500 k/cals below maintenace every three or four weeks to help keep bf levels steady. Is this about the right range for a natty BBer on this program? I saw that some of you guys were taking 7,000-8,000 cals+! That would make me a fat slob in a month! Of course I don't weigh 250 plus either, I'm still working on hitting 180!

I appreciate understanding this better so whatever help and insight you can offer would be great. Thanks.
                VA Maddog

Comment

Maddog, If you don't mind I will attempt to help you out. I will be 40 myself in June, and have been at this for 24 years. DC has it down, you know Skip knows it too.

When it comes to recouperation, everyone will have a different point, I go very hard and as much intensity as I can muster with these workouts, I usually recouperate in 1 1/2 days, but I am on cycle, so you will have to trial an error for two weeks or so to determine your recoupability. I take every workset to the brink of death, I want growth and as much as possible as fast as humanly possible, my show is in December of this year. You will be the one to decide on your body/physical feedback with some time at this program.

I do use a training partner, but is not neccesary, there are many of his trainees that train alone. I like the extra help to rack weight in between r/ps and to help load weight.

Injury is always in the back of my head, because of age and pounds that I use, but my form is top notch and I will never give up form to push weight.

I am 277 at the moment. and I want 300, so I need to eat like a 325 lb guy, so I consume 650 grams of protein per day and up to 7000 calories per day, for me to get big, I must lift big and eat big.
                  Food is the most anabolic thing out there, drugs will do nothing without the fuel.

I hope this helped you out, I know DC would have a hell of lot more to add, but he is very busy with family, work and his businesses...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

Maddog when you train by yourself you really want to pick exercises or machines you can save yourself on at failure points--exercises in a power rack for example or in the smythe machine.

I dont go into diet much because I save that for my trainees--I give alot of this away but the real details go to those guys. Basically for people with appetite probs I have them using olive oil to get past plateaus--a good diet that leaves someone stagnant from the previous 4 week weigh in can be changed dramatically by just adding olive oil to protein fat meals (i like to keep protien fats and protein carb meals separated)--Olive oil is a good fat with awesome health benefits along with being 118cals per tablespoon--Just adding 3 tablespoons in two nocarb protein shakes a day gives a person 700 more calories a day to work with on the exact same eating they had done previously---but the scale will say 8lbs more next month
                    Dantes Blog: http://tn-community.com/category/dantes-board/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/dante.trudel.5

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training - [email protected]

Comment

Doing nothing more than switching to the basic "cycles for pennies" routine, my strength and size have increased dramatically in the last few months.
                      [email protected] steroid-encyclopaedia
                      [email protected] Iron Addicts
                      [email protected] MMA Athletes

Comment

DC

DC - Thanks for adding your thoughts. We all have different goals - some want to get as large (LBM) as possible, others like myself might just want to add 20-25 lbs as thier goal.

For me using AS is not in the cards, I have made a decision not to go that route a long time ago. I like much of your program and it does make sense to me, but I also know myself well enough to realize that I would have to pick and choose from the components of your program. I understand that you would rather see everyone go at it 100% exactly as you suggest, and I appreciate your enthusiasm for it and the fact that you have seen many people succeed at attaining their goals by following it. So I'm not trying to say anything bad about it, just that the 100% approach would not be for me.

Now having said that I really do want to try adding in the extream stretching and going to your one core exercise R/P work set (rotating between three choices for that muscle group.)

I'm also going to try to keep my calories and protein high while doing this, which for me is about 1,000/cals/day above maintenance. I also supplement with glutamine and BCAA's.

I'm going to give this a try starting in about a week and going through the whole rotation two times which would mean about six weeks on my Mon/Wed/Fri schedule.

If I can add an additional 5-6 lbs of LBM over the six weeks with this approach I will be happy and I will have attained my goal.

I do have another question about how to select the right weight for the one work set. Am I correct in thinking that I would try to select a weight where I would initially fail at about 8 reps or so, then trying to get another 4-5 reps through rest pause?

For the straight sets - leg press, deads, etc. it looks like you suggest a weight that will allow you to get at least 8 and no more than 20 reps. I have also seen a scheme where your first straight set is hitting positive failure at about 8 reps then dropping weight back to about 75% and going for a second straight set of up to 20 reps.

Is that close to the approach that is recommended?
                        VA Maddog

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                          can be changed dramatically by just adding olive oil to protein fat meals...
                          What would you say for substituting in safflour oil for olive oil?

Saves you those saturated fats and gives you a much higher polyunsaturated fat level?

Comment

Thanks RaulJimenez. I haven't really used different oils in the past. This looks to be quite promising in getting up a few more cals per day!

Comment

Maddog, Ok, extreme stretching is a very crucial part of this program, not only in recouperation but in fullness of the muscle. It is a must with this kind of lifting program.

I would say that the increase in mass you are looking for could happen depending on your years in the gym and recoupability wise, but you will need to do this program at 110% effort and eat like you have never eaten before, If you are 250 and want to be 275, then you need to eat like a 300 lb guy.

Workset weight will be trial and error, I like my upper body RP worksets to be like 8x3x2 or something to that number, or 12-15 reps total.

For most straight sets we go between 12-15 reps, now if you are a hard gainer, like Quads, then you could do a 12 rep set then a 20 rep set with a 20% decrease in weight. Most of the back exercises like Deads, T-bar Rows, Stiffies and Rack Deads we go with a very heavy brutal straight set of 12 reps...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X