Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO CURE SHOULDER PROBLEMS (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO CURE SHOULDER PROBLEMS (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time)

With a large towel or broomstick I want you to hold it with straight arms for the entire time of what i describe in the following movement--a large "rolled up like a rope" beach towel works good but honestly a longer broomstick (without the bristles) works best in my opinion. Start out with it with a really wide grip (with straight arms) in front of you (on your quads) and with straight arms bring it up and overhead and then down and back to the middle of your back--STRAIGHT ARMS ALL THE WAY--this is going to be very difficult and hard the first couple times out and then will be "old hat" with time----and its going to be painful in a stretching pump kind of way---i want 50 reps each time you do this--one repetition is from in front of your face (all with straight arms) to up overhead and back, and then down all the way to the middle of your back and then back up overhead to in front of your face again (again all with straight arms)--the important part of the movement is the area overhead that is really tight--do all of this carefully/slowly---dont just whip it over and back---if your hand is slipping off the broomstick even with the widest grip, or you cant bring your arms over straight and the start bending on you, you have some serious shoulder inflexibility and need to work this hard and get up to speed (or you could just need a longer broomstick too)--again do all of these revolutions controlled and carefully--push into the stretch as you go along toward the 50 revolutions, your chest will be pushing outward and your shoulders rolling back--your shoulders are going to blow up with so much blood its going to be incredibly painfull pumpwise--Do this once a day at nite as many times a week as you can---sometimes I have people do it every single day---but every time you do it try to move your grip inward (thats the key)----its going to be very hard to do but try your best to move your grip inward for the next 2-4 weeks and your range of motion with shoulders will increase dramatically and any impingement and the majority of other problems should be gone in 2 weeks--also try to move your grip in as you are doing the 50 revolutions--start off with a stretching but relatively easy 10 to warm up some, then try to move your grip in even by a centimeter if you can for the next 20 revolutions and then at 30 try to move the grip in another centimeter--really try to push what you can do stretchwise once your warmed up here--trust me this sounds easy but your going to be muttering "fuck you dante" after you get to your 25th revolution--Ive cured too many shoulder problems with this simple movement now its pretty ridiculous, and this and a menthol rub applied liberally daily and before sleep has cured alot of shoulder/bicepital tendonitis in trainees ---Heres a pic attached to this post so you can get an idea (thanks to a trainee of mine who cured his shoulders with this)--but remember the broomstick goes overhead and all the way back to the middle of the back (he just drew the start of the movement when you begin)
    Last edited by Doggcrapp; 01-23-2005, 01:01 PM.
    Dantes Blog: [url]http://tn-community.com/category/dantes-board/[/url]

Facebook: [url]www.facebook.com/dante.trudel.5[/url]

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training - [email]DC@cyber-rights.net[/email]

Thanks DC for this i have a nagging right shoulder that isnt as bad as some of the guys have on this board but it does act up here and there. The question i have is if your doing this wont you be one sore mofo the next day to train shoulders if it happens to be a upperbody day the next day? Just curious to how it affects training cucz i can imagine 50repps like that really hurting especially if you have a bad shoulder.

Comment

Another priceless post DC. I definitely better start up some of these, as I've got some pretty inflexible shoulders. Thanks a ton, bro.

Comment

Thanks DC, but I don't understand what you mean when you say "all the way back to the hams." The way I'm reading it, you want us to have a near 360degree motion with shoulders and the whole time with arms being the same distance apart on the broom? LOL. If so, this will take a LOOOOONG time for me

Any advice on knees? :p

Comment

arms straight the whole way--and if you cant keep arms straight you have to widen the grip and/or get a longer broomstick (dont be gripping the broomstick with tights fists--let it roll thru your fingers if it has to as you go up and back)--i only hold onto it with my middle and pointer fingers and thumb

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

Comment

I am the king of shoulder inflexability! All I can say is ouch!
            -KidRok-
            "....because I won't accept that I can't."

[URL=http://www.TrueProtein.com]www.TrueProtein.com --5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"[/URL]

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: [url]https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
              Thanks DC for this i have a nagging right shoulder that isnt as bad as some of the guys have on this board but it does act up here and there. The question i have is if your doing this wont you be one sore mofo the next day to train shoulders if it happens to be a upperbody day the next day? Just curious to how it affects training cucz i can imagine 50repps like that really hurting especially if you have a bad shoulder.
              Id plan ahead tyson and do it around working shoulders--id skip the day before maybe and skip the day after but do it after working shoulders (while still warmed up--maybe when you got home from gym) and then on all the other days

LOL to benj and usmuscle (im increasing usmuscles to 50000 revolutions)

Comment

I have been doing this for almost 5 months now and when I started I could not reach all the way back to hit my Hams, I have to use a large exercise rubber band for width reasons and now I have no problem with going heavy on chest and shoulder presses again, I help others with lots of shoulder and back related injuries and this one exercise along with a few others for shoulders have fixed almost everyones problems so far to date...
                Last edited by In-Human; 01-23-2005, 12:32 PM.
                "That damn log book"

[URL=www.trueprotein.com]www.trueprotein.com[/URL] Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

guys im really sorry, im on such low carbs come saturdays my brain seriously is shot lately and im making dumb mistakes, I had to edit my post above. If you use a beach towel or something similiar when you get overhead and down it will sag near your butt/ hamstrings ........but with a broomstick it wont go near that-it will go to the middle of your back and then back up again---really really sorry bout that---reread it now it should be clear-----with a broomstick the revolution should be about a half circle ---see the picture up above---that position exactly should be where you start your revolution once your warmed up with a broomstick and it should go overhead and down/back to a point halfway down that guys back, then back to start---is that clearer?

Comment

I always wanted to tell you that you cannot turn your wrist in order to get the broomstick handle behind you, but I figured you must have triple jointed wrists or something, so I never said a word, but you can blame it on low carbs if you wish...
                    "That damn log book"

[URL=www.trueprotein.com]www.trueprotein.com[/URL] Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                      guys im really sorry, im on such low carbs come saturdays my brain seriously is shot lately and im making dumb mistakes, I had to edit my post above. If you use a beach towel or something similiar when you get overhead and down it will sag near your butt/ hamstrings ........but with a broomstick it wont go near that-it will go to the middle of your back and then back up again---really really sorry bout that---reread it now it should be clear-----with a broomstick the revolution should be about a half circle ---see the picture up above---that position exactly should be where you start your revolution once your warmed up with a broomstick and it should go overhead and down/back to a point halfway down that guys back, then back to start---is that clearer?
                      I wondered what the hell you were writing. I'm very flexible (just ask KR :p ) but to the hamstrings? No way without bending backwards! lol
                      Kid's Wench and Bon-Bon's sis
                      Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                      www.TrueProtein.com
                      *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

[url=http://www.intensemuscle.com/eshop.htm]

[/url]

Comment

i have always had trouble with my joints so this really interests me but i am not sure if i am following you 100% on how to do it. is this how far back you want (see drawing) or lower?
                        It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

thats about right--if its a broomstick---youll know once you get past the really tight position overhead

Comment

I have a book called Autostretching that we use a lot for patients, and it has a great picture of this stretch in it - I put it on my desk to bring home so I could scan and post it for everyone, but I forgot it... I'll try to remember it for tomorrow night!

[URL="http://www.truenutrition.com"]TrueNutrition.com[/URL] discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

I can do the exercise fine, however my left shoulder keeps clicking once I get past overhead and down my back. I had a partical tear in my rotator cuff 17 months ago but no pain now. Should I keep doing the exercise if there's no pain and will the clicking go away?

Comment

Working...
                              X