Question for DC about Natural Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DC about Natural Training

I had a quick question for DC and disciples here. I was debating high protein intake with another member at my board and he was saying how no one needs more than 1g/lb. of bodyweight blah blah blah. Anyhow, ignoring that his final statement was that it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to achieve 3-3.5lbs/in as a natural at a reasonable BF%. So I figured I'd come over and ask has anyone here or any of DC's trainees achieved this being clean their whole life and based on high protein intake? I already know the answer I'd just like some anecdotal examples. Thanks in advance guys.

all things are posible
    LUKE 18:27
    RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

Was the 3-3.5 lbs / inch a measure of lean bodyweight or just bodyweight at a respectable level of leanness?

If it's about fat-free bodyweight, I'm only at around 2.8 lbs / inch.
      If it's about bodyweight, I'm currently at 3.1 lbs / inch with abs, serratus and intercostals clearly visible.

The only "gear" I have ever used is the ECA stack and a grand total of one bottle of tribulus terrestris.

Right now I'm 230 lbs at 6'2" with 11-12 % BF according to caliper measurement, and my long term goal is to hit 242 lbs (110 kg) at no more than 10 %. I have no doubt in my mind I will make it, and I know there are thousands of guys who are clean and will get way further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by GettinSwole
        I had a quick question for DC and disciples here. I was debating high protein intake with another member at my board and he was saying how no one needs more than 1g/lb. of bodyweight blah blah blah. Anyhow, ignoring that his final statement was that it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to achieve 3-3.5lbs/in as a natural at a reasonable BF%. So I figured I'd come over and ask has anyone here or any of DC's trainees achieved this being clean their whole life and based on high protein intake? I already know the answer I'd just like some anecdotal examples. Thanks in advance guys.
        Raul my man and Khan are living stellar examples bro! Wait till they get in, you'll get the examples you want to refute your 'friends' statements.
        Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

I gained 50lbs and a few percentage points of bodyfat. To be extremely conservative, I'd say that's a 30lb LBM gain in about 4-5 months.

Edit: I gained that fat because I did not follow the carb cut offs and ate entirely too much junk food for my bodytype. It was no fault of DC training. I'm sure the BF gain would have been slim to nil if I did those things.
          Last edited by USMuscle9403; 12-16-2004, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            I gained 50lbs and a few percentage points of bodyfat. To be extremely conservative, I'd say that's a 30lb LBM gain in about 4-5 months.

Edit: I gained that fat because I did not follow the carb cut offs and ate entirely too much junk food for my bodytype. It was no fault of DC training. I'm sure the BF gain would have been slim to nil if I did those things.
            so whats the moral of this story?? the answer is of course that USMuscle is fat. mwa ha haaaa!!!! KEEP CUTTIN' BIG BOY.

but seriously, i have seen USM go from a little 220 kid to 250 in no time at all. the kid is a beast, and natural at that. you can go for being natural, just keep eating, harsh carb cut offs, and mind the cardio and you will stay lean and be happy.

of course it all depends on your somatopetype as well.....In that regard USM falls under Huge'a'monga'too-young-to-be-that-big-a-morph
            word

Comment

I actually started at 206 bro

Comment

while i do not train dc style i do use some of the principles in my training and i do follow the diet, i hit 285 lbs in october at 6 feet tall and around 14-15 percent bodyfat and im clean.

Comment

Here's a link to the debate at CEM. I'd love for DC or some other to come over and state their point of view. This guy Pauly refuses to accept that anyone could possibly benefit from anything over 1g of protein per lb. unless you're juicing. Please ignore the parts where I lose my temper.

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...threadid=12973

Comment

He is saying that you can gain just as good if you up your calories with fats or carbohydrates because essentially you are just adding more calories to your diet when you do high ass protein. What he doesn't understand is the thermogenic effect protein has on your body when you take in the amounts DCers do, so we can gain at that incredible rate and still stay lean because of the protein consumption + the hard training, we simply utilise more protein than 1g/lb.

well his avatar shows his belief in 1g/lb hehe :chair:
                    he got something up ass his as well...
                    Last edited by youi09; 12-17-2004, 07:33 PM.

Comment

My gains were okay. I have a lot to accomplish this next year, so whatever I did last year in gains doesn't matter at all. I have to be 5'8'', 240, 8-9% BF, and still natural by the end of this next year, period.

If I don't get there, then I've failed. If I get there, it doesn't matter, because then there is another goal to reach. I am not proud of the gains I've made so far, because they don't amount to anything special. There is too much work to be done to even think about being happy about where I am now. Until I've accomplished something truly admirable I am not going to boast about anything. I am just one of many natural DCers.

I'm 19, and a natural on DC. I am an advocate of DC Training, but if you want to find out if the eating really works, do it yourself the right way and judge by your own personal experience.
                      5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Working...
                      X