Static holds--forearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static holds--forearms

Im going to start doing static holds with Db's for forearms but there is one thing im not sure of. A set of statics include seconds instead of reps, so i was just wondering if 1 set of 12-15 second holds to failure would be ok. Would just that one set be ok?

Thnx
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

There are no static holds on forearms, period. The forearms get enough work from other stuff. Especially back thickness and lat work (when lat work gets heavy enough)
    5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Jn, Where did this idea come from anyways and what is your reasoning for it..
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i just thought it would be a good exericse to add in, in addition to hammer curls and reverse cable wrist curls for my rotation.....whats so bad about it; am i missing something?
        TRAIN
        EAT
        SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JnJ23
          i just thought it would be a good exericse to add in, in addition to hammer curls and reverse cable wrist curls for my rotation.....whats so bad about it; am i missing something?
          After you do Biceps and go right into Forearms with maybe one warm up set, this 12 rep set is more than enough torture on your Forearms then you need, if anything just do a Forearm stretch, but static is not needed, think of all the work your Forearms get on Chest day...
          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Jn23:You may have been thinking along the lines of the stretch for the forearm belly dante mentioned awhile back. Think its in the sticky up there which also contains the unique back width exercise.

You could try it, but i think a 12-15s hold is too short. If you weren't thinking along these line.. sorry!
            Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

while it may not fit into DC training specifically, I know I found static holds helped my grip a lot and i found that it did more than just other lifts like deads or racks alone. I did them with the thick end of the bar though ... where one would load plates. just something to think about.

Comment

yes they do work. For those that have lagging forearms, this exercise works great. Stick to one set to complete failure. 12-15 sec. is to short.

Comment

Working...
                X