Injury doing DC training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury doing DC training

I finished my workout and my pressing mvmnts consisted of military press, reverse grip smythe bench, power pec deck - Next time around when I started with my chest mvmnt(incline smythe bench) my shoulder was killing me from only warming up- I got it evaluated today by a trainer and it is inflamation/ or inpinging of the bicep tendon under the shoulder joint. Anybody have any suggestions?

First off, DC training did not hurt you. Most likely you hurt yourself with your exercise selection. Many people can not tolerate incline presses due to the increased chance of rotator cuff impingment. Secondly, talk to a physical therapist-not a trainer. Look into L-flys and taking a neutral grip on pressing exercises (if possible).

Comment

95% of the people I see using the Hammer Strength machines use them incorrectly...Most of the time they have the seat in the wrong spot...when you are seated the handles should be even with your shoulders ...most people have them down by there waist so they can use more weight
      This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

Originally posted by deepsquat
        95% of the people I see using the Hammer Strength machines use them incorrectly...Most of the time they have the seat in the wrong spot...when you are seated the handles should be even with your shoulders ...most people have them down by there waist so they can use more weight
        well, if it's a flat hammer strength press then I think the handles should be lower than your shoulders,......... if they are in line with the shoulders in the starting position that would be similar to flat benching almost on your neck, I think that is more dangerous for the pec/shoulders.
        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Working...
        X