Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to wake up! What your genetics will allow you to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to wake up! What your genetics will allow you to do!

Alot of people believe if they train like so and so pro bodybuilder or use the techniques that they used to build a bodypart that they will end up with the same development or close to it. And Im writing this to tell you something that really sucks but its the honest truth. Your weak bodyparts that are still there after a year or two of hard training are always going to remain weaker bodyparts for you even at your very top level of development. Whatever your standout bodyparts are after a year or two of training (chest, triceps, legs) will always be strong bodyparts in the long run. Basically if your pretty damn lean after a year of training that picture you take right then and there is going to be the same shape you have after you put 30-60lbs of muscle mass on your frame. Your not going to be filling in short attached biceps or building lower calves by doing anything special and extraordinary. People dont want to believe this stuff because it screws up the dream of it all. Most of the guys in this forum have been training for awhile--take a look at your physique--what bodypart is really weak? Im sorry but that bodypart is going to always be a weak link in your arsenal. You might get it up in size by working your ass off but its never going to be rock the world stellar. This is all about genetics--it is the make or break of being a bodybuilder. Alot of you watched Marcus Ruhl's latest video and saw his normal training partner (in his hotel room (not simone). Did he look even close to Marcus in size/muscularity? He is obviously doing the same things as Marcus inside the gym and most likely even outside of the gym, but he might of been maybe 220-230lbs and wasnt even remotely close to Marcus's development. Dont you think alot of pros have longtime freinds or training partners? Dont you think they are training and doing the exact same things (food, drugs, supplements, training)? Then why arent they walking around at 4.0lbs of muscle mass per inch of height like the pro?
    Here is Branch Warren--thick as hell, trains with extremely heavy weights and you can note his development--huge chest, huge legs, arms, that man is a tank.
    IG is

@dante_trudel

bran2
    IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

bran3
      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

The next set of pics is Jay Moore. Branch's training partner for the entire past decade, also a pretty good bodybuilder and I believe only an inch taller than Branch. Every exercise, protocol and method Branch has done to get that gargantuan physique and incredibly thick chest and those monstrous legs has also been done exactly by Jay over the last 10 years. The same protocols most likely used with diet, super supplements and regular supplements also. Yet you can see that Jay is not ever going to become Branch Warren. His chest is much flatter and will never be that freaky thick even with the exact same chest training and his other bodyparts will never look like Branch's either. I just want to drive the point across to people that the exact same protocols someone does isnt going to produce the same exact physique--your unique genetics are what determines what your going to end up looking like. So try to be the best that you can be with your unique genetics that have been given to you.
        IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

jay2
          IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

jay3
            IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

jay4
              IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Reality!

DC, this is a much-needed dose of reality for many!
                Too bad you can't post this on every board out there!

A year or so ago on another board you post to, an NPC judge posted that he'd heard a lot of the amateur competitors talking about becoming pros one day. His comment was that he hadn't seen an amateur yet on that board who had the slightest chance of turning pro. He figured none of them had actually seen or stood next to a real pro, and therefore had NO idea just how big these people really are!

This, of course, created tremendous unhappiness, and nasty retorts by many, but he was right.

Comment

Dante I don't think that you really ened to tell anyone on these boards that. It's pretty much common knowledge (stuff that you learn as a newbie) in bodybuilding that you can not change the shape or attachment points. I remember on another board there were two photos of Lee Priest and they were both of him doing a hand together most muscular. However, in one he was holding both his wrists and in the other he was just putting his palms flat against each other vertically. Everyone was trying to dispute me when I was telling him it was just the hand placement that made his biceps appear differently, but they just wanted to believe that it was his training that changed them

I pretty much KNOW I'll never be a pro. This is what you see when you look at me top to bottom..

traps aren't pronounced when not flexing

extremely side shoulder structure but not enough muscular width on them

weak triceps and arms in general that look nowhere near what they measure

big forearms

very big barrel chest

long torso

thick midsection

very wide hips

short legs

Yea, I'm not exactly pro material. LOL

Comment

Isn't it the truth. We can still be huge freaks, which is essentially my goal, but there are only a few percent that have the genetic capability to become true pros. Wide hips, huge joints... yes please i'll take one of each.

It's all about reaching your own potential, not somoene elses.

Comment

Originally posted by James
                      Isn't it the truth. We can still be huge freaks, which is essentially my goal, but there are only a few percent that have the genetic capability to become true pros. Wide hips, huge joints... yes please i'll take one of each.

It's all about reaching your own potential, not somoene elses.
                      though there are guys that come in very small in comparison, but are extremely cut and place very well in the top competitions

its just that you wont see any of those guys placing over ronnie or cutler because those two are huge AND extremely cut...

Comment

i can only hope myself to be the best i can be but im not pro material.
                        - im too tall
                        - small arms
                        - small calves
                        - waist i believe is too big
                        I'm not dillusional, i will not chace an unreachable goal of being a pro bodybuilder when its not possible

Comment

I still feel - God willing - that I have the gentics to do it. It's just a matter of priorities and finances....so we'll see what happens over the next couple of years...

BW
                          Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

nobody in my family ever bothered picking up a weight, or taking up a sport. im the first person to show interest. So, i dont actually know how far ill be able to go, because nobody in my family has any damn motivation. For all i know, i could have the greatest genetics ever, but i wont know until i try.

all i do know, is that right now im 16, and slightly bigger than Dante was at 20. So im gonna do everything i can to reach my goal (about 3/4 of him, and more cut).
                            -----------------------------------
                            TrueProtein.com
                            Discount Code: grm229
                            ------------------------------------

Comment

I think you're right. It's not a matter of them reaching their genetic potential, it's just that the program they used was not the one taht worked best for them. Evidently it worked pretty well, but I'm sure they could have improved tremendously if they just tried other things and found out what worked best for THEM instead of their pro BBer training partner.

Comment

Working...
                              X