Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 weeks of DC so far

OK

So, I have been DC training for about 5 weeks now. Well, technically I'm not doing things exactly the way Dante has laid them out, though it has not been a conscious effort to not follow his routines exactly. Let me explain:

Like most people before training DC style, I got a little too caught up in the weights I was lifting and as a result, my form as well as ROM suffered.
    When I decided to start DC training, I wanted to drop my previous weights a little so that I could have perfect form, with deep ROM and slow negatives. So heres my problem, every week I increase my weights by a lot thinking that I will get less reps and be in the ranges Dante reccomends, but it just ain't happening. I keep increasing my weights signifigantly and my reps keep going up too. So for exercises Dante reccomends to be in the 15 rep range I'm up at like 22. I get intense work outs where I feel like throwing up afterwards and I get sore as hell, BUT I am wondering if my higher reps are sabotaging my gains.

yep
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

progression in anything is what matters. progressing is the key to improving, that's all that matters. the rep range he suggest is the best for putting on mass and strength at the sametime.
      Last edited by youi09; 12-09-2004, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by youi09
        progression in anything is what matters. progressing is the key to improving, that's all that matters. the rep range he suggest is the best for putting on mass and strength at the sametime.
        I think the higher rep range saves the joints, and some people like it better for certain muscle groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobed
          OK
          So heres my problem, every week I increase my weights by a lot thinking that I will get less reps and be in the ranges Dante reccomends, but it just ain't happening. I keep increasing my weights signifigantly and my reps keep going up too. So for exercises Dante reccomends to be in the 15 rep range I'm up at like 22. I get intense work outs where I feel like throwing up afterwards and I get sore as hell, BUT I am wondering if my higher reps are sabotaging my gains.
          So you are complaining that your strength goes up to fast,...... damn, I wish I had that problem,.... (I'm going to eat now),... you are definitely doing great but it's time to go for some big increases here to get into the desired rep range.
          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

no, prgress is progress, u get stronger either by more weight or reps u also get bigger. Just add on more weight, till your in a range your happy with, else go with the range dc stipulates
            "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

im starting to find out that i NEED higher rep ranges. just to experiment i tried doing some exercizes with like a 7-3-2 RP (which i havnt done in a while), and today when it was time to beat the book, i got owned. i tried as hard as i could and i just couldnt beat any of them, but when im in the (10-15)-x-x range im always destroying the book before i even feel taxed

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisThePirate
                im starting to find out that i NEED higher rep ranges. just to experiment i tried doing some exercizes with like a 7-3-2 RP (which i havnt done in a while), and today when it was time to beat the book, i got owned. i tried as hard as i could and i just couldnt beat any of them, but when im in the (10-15)-x-x range im always destroying the book before i even feel taxed
                hm id think that is because 1 rep at 7 + 3 + 2 , requires more improvement and strength gain. At a higher rep range it doesnt requires just as much, so it is a lilttle bit easier to keep improving.

Comment

Originally posted by asim
                  I think the higher rep range saves the joints, and some people like it better for certain muscle groups.
                  Yup, especially when you have the little injuries from before and things that you need to watch out for like I do. Higher rep range is a life-saver when it comes to that. And as you mentioned I definitely like higher rep ranges for certain muscle groups, I just respond/progress better that way. For instance, with me it's ALWAYS atleast 20RP on arms (both biceps and triceps). On chest, shoulders and back width I go higher than what is recommended too.

Comment

Working...
                  X