Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyfat ?

I know that in DC's words:
    "The emphasis should be about proper food intake to gain bigtime muscle mass and eat your weigh up to a larger more muscular bodyweight. The secondary emphasis should be to stay lean but never compromising the muscle mass gain and you do that by carb cuttoffs and cardio."

I realise this is a subjective & personal issue, but how far do you let bodyfat go in the off-season?
    "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
    DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
    for a 5% Discount
    :wavey:

I think it's a bit personal, as long as you're not much more than 15% and feel fine/comfortable with that bodyfat then I think you should be fine.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Well, I'm about 14% now.
      The problem is that I am carb sensitive.
      Even when doing cardio & limiting carbs to just post-workout & breakfast, I still end up with half my gains being fat/water.
      "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
      for a 5% Discount

Comment

Originally posted by BigDownUnder
        Well, I'm about 14% now.
        The problem is that I am carb sensitive.
        Even when doing cardio & limiting carbs to just post-workout & breakfast, I still end up with half my gains being fat/water.
        Then you will have to do more cardio, maybe 5-6 days a week or even am cardio on a empty stomach and change the carbs you eat, the only high GI should be post and that is it...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
          Then you will have to do more cardio, maybe 5-6 days a week or even am cardio on a empty stomach and change the carbs you eat, the only high GI should be post and that is it...
          Thanks for your input IH - much appreciated.
          I currently do cardio 3x week on empty stomach & lift MWF.
          And yes, I only take in high gi carbs post workout, breakfast is oatmeal.

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
          for a 5% Discount

Comment

I used to get up to 20% off-season, but this year after my competition I decided to stay under 10% and I'm enjoying staying lean rather than look like my normal bloated-self. I'll also thank myself once contest time comes along since it will take 1/2 the time to diet down or I'll diet down very slowly to avoid muscle loss as much as possible.

Comment

I guess that I should add that I do not compete.

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
              for a 5% Discount

Comment

I have the same problem BDU. Carb sensitive as hell, and my body loves to hold on to any fat that it can... I have been doing DC for around 8 months now, with different levels of food intake. I can tell you that my best strength and size gains came when I was just eating a shitload of calories (not even that clean)... unfortunatly putting on some decent BF as well. I have also had times when I would still eat eat eat, but pretty much limit carbs to breakfast and post workout... this definitely helped limit BF gain and I might have actually gotten leaner. I wasn't really doing that much cardio at the time, so if i added in significant cardio I can assume I would have been eve leaner. My gains during that phase were a little bit slower, but still fantastic. You basically just have to find the balance that works for you. For me, I really have to be strict as hell with carb intake and cutoff(which is hard at a college dining hall) and allow usually saturday or sunday to "carb up" . After that you just have to manipulate the amount of cardio to do to suit your BF needs. Good luck with your training, after some experimenting you will find what balance works for you.

Comment

Your bodyfat level should not increase significantly even if you are trying to gain muscle. You should still look like a bodybuilder while trying to bulk up.

Just follow DC's carb cutoff guidelines and still continue to do cardio. Above all, eat a lot of clean sources for your protein.

Hope this helps.
                  2011 Musclemania Philippines, 3rd place Novice Category
                  2011 Mr Philippines-Asia, 6th place Novice Category
                  2011 Mr Philippines-Asia, 3rd place Athletic Physique Category

Proud True Protein customer.

Comment

it is all subjective, but some people really have a hard time being 15-17% percent BF. me for example, my whole body goes to shit if i am that high. 220 with 15% bodyfat hurts like hell; knees, ankles, overall cardiovascularity. but 220 with 10-11% BF and i feel like a million bucks, no pains, no hurting, nothing but feeling good.

i would say 12-13% off season, for health reasons.

Btw.....with carb cutoffs, cardio, and the accelerated metabolism, there should be no reason why you wouldn't lose fat while bulking.
                    word

Comment

Well I think the biggest factor is whether or not you have a girlfriend. If you are hooked up in a serious relationship then by all means get as bloated and as big as you want. If you are still on the hunt though you have to stay respectable enough to get laid,,,, LOL..

Hope this helps you decide what your bodyfat should be...
                      I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
                        Well I think the biggest factor is whether or not you have a girlfriend. If you are hooked up in a serious relationship then by all means get as bloated and as big as you want. If you are still on the hunt though you have to stay respectable enough to get laid,,,, LOL..

Hope this helps you decide what your bodyfat should be...
                        I almost felt out of my chair ,hella funny
                        some where between heaven and hell

Comment

Hey it sounds funny but its true isn't it.... LOL,,, I know my bodyfat is always lower when I am single and looking.
                          I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

haha, so true......

now i know why i havn't been laid in so long LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X