4 week progress update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 week progress update

I have completed the first four weeks of a six week blast and am very pleased with the results so far. I have beaten the log every time with either more weight, more reps or on a few occasions both weight and reps. My weight and rep increases have not been huge but they have been steady. I'm getting better at the stretching but still wonder if I'm doing them all correctly.

After every single training session I will feel DOMS 24-48 hours afterwards in the worked muscle groups which I beleive is a good sign that I am pushing myself as I should. In my old routine I would only feel DOMS a few times a month after a particularly hard training day, but now it is after every workout!

My body weight is up just over 4 lbs in four weeks and my body fat levels have been staying constant or have gone up just a small amount, so I beleive that at least 3 of the 4 lbs has been LBM gain which is awsome for me.

Today I hit a plateau for deadlifts, but it may have just been a bad day. I am still nervous about pushing myself on DL's for safety reasons as I have had some lower back issues in the past. I plan to switch to rack DL's in the next blast which would be something new for me, but they seem to be safer while allowing for continued weight increases.

I remain very psyched up for every training session. DCing has really re-energized my workouts and so far is producing great results for this old natty bber. I plan to cruise for two weeks after six, then start a second six week blast phase.

Thanks a bunch to Dante and all of the other experienced DCers here who take the time to share your expertice. IMHO this is the best place to come for DC advice.
    Last edited by VA Maddog; 12-07-2004, 02:14 PM.
    VA Maddog

good work man. 4 lbs. in 4 weeks is pretty good progress. just wait, it only gets better now
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Maddog
      I have completed the first four weeks of a six week blast and am very pleased with the results so far. I have beaten the log every time with either more weight, more reps or on a few occasions both weight and reps. My weight and rep increases have not been huge but they have been steady. I'm getting better at the stretching but still wonder if I'm doing them all correctly.

After every single training session I will feel DOMS 24-48 hours afterwards in the worked muscle groups which I beleive is a good sign that I am pushing myself as I should. In my old routine I would only feel DOMS a few times a month after a particularly hard training day, but now it is after every workout!

My body weight is up just over 4 lbs in four weeks and my body fat levels have been staying constant or have gone up just a small amount, so I beleive that at least 3 of the 4 lbs has been LBM gain which is awsome for me.

Today I hit a plateau for SL deadlift, but it may have just been a bad day. I am still nervous about pushing myself on SL DL's for safety reasons as I have had some lower back issues in the past. I plan to switch to rack DL's in the next blast which would be something new for me, but they seem to be safer while allowing for continued weight increases.

I remain very psyched up for every training session. DCing has really re-energized my workouts and so far is producing great results for this old natty bber. I plan to cruise for two weeks after six, then start a second six week blast phase.

Thanks a bunch to Dante and all of the other experienced DCers here who take the time to share your expertice. IMHO this is the best place to come for DC advice.

I am only on my 2nd week and I am still getting use to the whole program and what weights to use but so far I feel great and I think if I can completley figure the streaches out I will be rockin and rollin ,not trying to hi jack the tread
      but I dont have word or excell on my computer so I mad a log book on outlook it kinda sucks I was wondering if anyone had a link to a good log book >thanks <

VA Maddog ,good job keep us posted on how it goes and mabey take some before and after pics :showoff:
      some where between heaven and hell

Comment

Originally posted by VA Maddog

me too bro...

btw congrats on your progress...im also progressing steady. not huge jumps in weight, but always steady :showoff:

Comment

Working...
        X