IH, Msteve, DC, Gollum, Massive, BBC, anyone I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IH, Msteve, DC, Gollum, Massive, BBC, anyone I need some help

Milk (update--starting post #38). . . . .Ok Iv tried to sort out my problem myself to no prevail so I was hoping some fello DCers could put their own input in

Ok so I reached 210lb pretty easily, training is fucking awesome, but food is the problem....and what a coincidence I cant gain anymore weight.

Ok so you might say eat some more...I cant.....its alot about consistancy for me. Ill eat 7meals a day for say five days but ill end up getting so bloated, going to toliet 3+ times a day, and having a dodgy stomach that i cant stay on 7meals, phyically i cant eat 7meals anymore

Ok so look at a problem, im one other those people unfortunately that have a fast metabolism and NO appetite; bad combination, but i force myself to eat no matter what. I'm starting to think that the olive oil and milk in large consumptions causes my stomach upsets that hinders my progress.

Solutions....er....anyone?? If i cut out oil so i no long get upset stomachs and can therefore be CONSISTANT with my diet, then ill have to eat EVEN more clean food, in which case can i get herbily/chemically appitite stimulates????

any other suggestions? enzymes to help breakdown food quicker--->less bloated--->thus eat more

Yes, Im getting desperate....plz guys

RKP
    Last edited by rackitup; 12-22-2004, 02:22 PM.
    "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

try almonds instead of oil. it's probably the milk that hinders your appetite. if you're using it in cereal or something, try rice milk instead. if it isn't the milk, try adding powdered skim milk to your milk if you want more calories....
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

7 meals is alot. for me it's challenging to get in 6 sometimes. you could try a shake at night for one of your meals. i know DC mentioned wings and soup as easy ways to get more food down.

you know, i just realized that i have 547 posts. that's more than all other message boards combined for me. this is an awesome board.

back on topic, rack i'll see if i can come up with any other ideas - i was just stopping by to remind myself of how small i am before i go to the gym.
      www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Cheers for the quick response.

I need 7 meals, as to get all the protein I need to spread it out as far as possible

The meals range between 40g protein to 90g protein. I take in 440g compete proteins, if I were to eat 440 over only 5 meals, well

1) I couldnt afford the ammount of whey Id be getting through---being a student Im already spending £40 a week on food and I only get £50 a week for EVERYTHING ELSE, food, going out, tolietries, bills etc

2)I be Ill if I took in 5 BIG meals

I know , Im a nuisense but I want to reach my natural potential asap!

Ok, theres one thing thats a possibility.

I got to 210 very easily, I could try cutting out one meal. Id still gain weight, a bit slower, but wouldnt be as full all the time and could then be consistant for an entire blast, rather than yo-yoing with the diet

Almonds, not a bad idea

Anyone else, advice kindly appreciated
        "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

definately try some digestive enzymes and possibly some sort of fiber supplement to help out with the stomach problems.
          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

When you say 7 meals, is that 7 whole food meals or is that a combination of meals and shakes?
            "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

rackitup...i believe the milk is whats upsetting your stomach ...i too eat 7 meals a day and i also hit that toilet about 3 times a day...if u are training really intense, then ur appetite should be opening up even more...u could try to add some cardio..there has been plenty of exemples where people started cardio and the appetite went up...
              what is it about the 7 meals that u can't take?

Comment

cut the milk out, or only use it at bedtime.

almonds are great, also.

And DRINK as much water as possible, this will help the bloating and help A LOT with digestion.

BW
                Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

I beleive what Juicy said, I think you are allergic to milk, and yes, these meals will make you feel bloated and you think you are fat, but in the morning how do you look, maybe your combinations of food are not quite right either, everyone will hit a plateau and their body needs to regulate this set point then move on, its most likely kcals here that you need to boost yourself farther up the ladder...
                  "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thanks alot guys, i think im going to experiment witha few things this week:
                    • Drink alot more water
                    • Reduce milk content, but not completely, as if that works then excellent---oats and weetabox with water....eh :grumpy:

IH, yes I know the "im bloated, therefore im fat...shit my abs" syndrome is just the shear ammount of food, but needless to say, although I want/need to eat more I can't. I'll report back in a week, but keep some ideas coming guys

For the person who asked, its 5 meals, two shakes

IH, could possibly been combination of foods

Heres my plan, basic ingredients stay the same just how i prepare the meals, changes

1----6egg whites two yokes scrambled egg with tomato sauce
                    with bowl of oats sprinkled with protein powder
                    (40g pro)

2-----2cans tuna with pasta+dormio sauce
                    (70g pro)

3----2breasts chicken with basimati rice, onions bbq sauce
                    (60g pro)

4----PWO meal 40g protein, half litre glucose based drink (100g glucose), 2slices thick bread for complex carbs
                    (40g pro)

5----40g protein in milk and 2tablespoons olive oil
                    (40g pro)

6pm +

6----one bag mince 500g, with a bit of dormio sauce, onions, garlic and cheese
                    (90g pro)

7---Chicken breast, 150g cottage cheese, ham, all mixed with a bit of bbq sauce (lovely!!) glass milk
                    (60g pro)

Any comments?? i know dc doesnt like diet talk, but as iv already "designed" it myself......anyone see any major problems

"Get...it...done"

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

looks like a pretty solid diet.only thing i can see would be to add in a small protein shake in water at some of your meals. your not quite getting two grams per pound. hopefully cutting out the milk helps. i have the same problem
                      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Ok so I reached 210lb pretty easily, training is fucking awesome, but food is the problem....and what a coincidence I cant gain anymore weight.

Ok so you might say eat some more...I cant.....its alot about consistancy for me.
                        maybe you can't gain weight with the food you are eating right now but I have very hard time believing that you can't gain weight,..... if I understood you right then the olive oil doesn't seem to help but I doubt that you are eating simple carbs besides post-workout so you can definitely gain weight by adding them,..... simple carbs will allow your body to assimilate more calories (gain weight) because the big insulin spike will push those nutrients into muscle/fat.

heavy hitter said that you were not quite getting 2g of protein per lbs, adding some protein shakes to some meals is a easy way to get 2g plus of protein because they are easy to digest.
                        Last edited by Egill; 12-06-2004, 08:06 PM.
                        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Hey!

You could try drinking 2-3 ts with pure stabilized Aloe Vera 2 times a day. It can work wonders for your digestion and also help cleaning your entire system from the inside. This optimizes the body`s ability to take up and use nutrients from food and other sources.
                          It won`t work right away, maybe after a couple of weeks or even many weeks later. This is individual. Aloe Vera is a coctail of vitamins, minerals, aminoacids (20 out of 22), enzymes and a lot more. Very good for any skin-condition as well. Higly recommended in general for all of us, due to all the good effects it can have on our bodyfunctions and helping agains almost any problem.

Here in Norway I have a LOT of very satisfied customers. I`ve got much more energy since I started to drink it myself, and my digestion has improved much. I recommend Aloe Vera Gel from Forever Living Products, Phoenix Arizona, which I believe is the best product out there. :p

Comment

dont take what they are saying about milk lightly. I used to drink 2 or 3 liters a day, just because...well I like the taste of milk so i would have a glass or 2 with every meal. I cut it out when dieting down one year, and when I went back to eating more, I never really took up eating milk as much. and noticed that i appeared much leaner, my stomach felt a lot better, and never get that bloated feeling and look I had when i was consuming loads of dairy. Even though my calorie consumption is just as high. So hopefullly that diet change makes a difference for you.

I'd add an extra scoup of protein powder to both of your shakes.
                            Last edited by Zen_lifter; 12-07-2004, 12:35 AM.

Comment

This damn thread made me hungry. See you guys later.
                              5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Working...
                              X