TrueProtein mix similar to Pro Complex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueProtein mix similar to Pro Complex

I had emailed Doug to see if he knew of a blend that would be similar to ON's Pro Complex - he said he could create it for me if I gave him the ingredients, but I thought I could make it easier on everyone involved and see if anyone here has created their own version that was cost effective.

I'm planning to place my order for some WPC, CEE, and whatever we can come up with as a suitable substitute for Pro Complex today sometime...

Thanks in advance!

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

PTAaron,
    I can't find my saved email to find the exact %'s I used on my last order but I did the same thing you are going for. A ProComplex-ish mix.

Here's what I think I did:
    10% Hydrolyzed WPC
    10% Egg White Protein
    20% WPC
    60% WPI Cold Filtration

1 lb comes out to $6.54 so if you ordered enough, it would be even less. Been using is for a couple weeks now and I love it.

I'm sure you could make slight adjustments to it if you wanted to and still have it come out around $6.50 or $6.75 per lb.

Hope this helps.
    CrossFit Champions
    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Thanks Munster! Price looks pretty good... 4.4lb of Pro-Complex is $39, and this works out to 5lbs for about $33. Not bad.
      How many grams of protein does it end up giving you per serving with this blend? Not sure how to go about calculating that.

Comment

ok, since I'm working right now, lol:

10% Hydrolyzed WPC 22g per ~30
        10% Egg White Protein 24g per ~30
        20% WPC 23g per ~30
        60% WPI Cold Filtration 27g per ~30

so 0,1x22 + 0,1x24 + 0,2x23 + 0,6x27 =25,4g

I think that 70cc scoop would give you about 27g of protein
        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

A 70g serving of Pro Complex gives 55g of protein. Using Egill's math, the same 70g serving of the True Protein blend would give you a little over 59g of protein.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say about 26g per 70cc scoop.

When you read the descriptions of the proteins on TrueProtein they tell you how much is in a 70cc scoop for each kind of protein. Just about every one of them is 25, 26 or 27 grams. So, whenever I have a blend made of any kind, I just assume a 70cc scoop gives 25g (rather assume lower than higher) so when I use 3 scoops I know I'm getting 75-81g.
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Great, thanks guys - I'm going to order up 10 lbs of that and 10 lbs of straight WPC for pre-post workout - along with 700g of CEE (gotta get the biggest discount!)

Comment

Okay... order placed...

Comment

Okay.
                  CrossFit Champions
                  Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Working...
                  X