one thing i cannot understand about DC training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing i cannot understand about DC training

is the use of machines??? I understand that the the whole idea of using them is so that you can finish on a negative rep, without a spotter. Does that last negative rep really outweigh the benefits of using free weights?

Umm.... you should be using both machines and free weights, buddy.
    "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

Yea i know that. But why are machines used at all? i mean theres tons of info out there which shows that free weights are way better.

I dont know about you, but whenever ive used a machine to do an excercise it doesnt feel like ive hit the muscle group anywhere near as hard as doing the same excercise with free weights.

Comment

Depending on what machine you are using, you should be able to go as heavy as possible and turn it into a pretty good lift.

Strap some more weight on there with a chain if you have to.
        "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

Check out Markus Ruhl or one of Dorian Yates videos. They used a lot of machines and are not small men. I do agree that free weights are your best choices but intensity is truly the most important factor in training.
          I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by ChRoNic
            is the use of machines??? I understand that the the whole idea of using them is so that you can finish on a negative rep, without a spotter. Does that last negative rep really outweigh the benefits of using free weights?
            Finishing on the negative isn't neccessarily the whole idea of using machines but that's definitely good. I feel that it is somewhat easier to go all out without worrying to much about stabilization of the weight when using machines,..... I would say that's both a pro and a con. Also if you don't use machines, then you don't have many exercises to choose for.
            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

machines are extremely convenient to rest pause with
              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Both machines and free weights have their place in DC training. Don't ask why, just accept.
                Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Partly to do with safety aswell.

Comment

neuromuscular balance has little to do with the size of the muscle. So when doing dumbbells or barbells your having to focus on keeping the weight stabalized. More forceful contractions can occur while using machines because the machines stabalize the weight for you already. no one workout or exercise is the answer to all, its good to have a lot of everything in the gym.

Comment

If I hear one more person talk about Stabilizers I am beating the shit out of someone, did anyone out there ever think for one minute that machines can actually help you with your form when you go back and forth from free weight to machines, or are we all just going to beleive everything that ever came from the guys in the 60s and 70s who trained 6 days a week for 3-4 hours a day...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I've always thought it was mainly for safety, especially if you don't have a spotter and you want to go to failure. The smyth or hammer machines are much safer than barbells or dumbells. I mean, we are doing 6-8 second negatives as heavy as possible, taking 12 deep breaths and doing some more. I think machines are pretty much essential for this.
                        "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                          If I hear one more person talk about Stabilizers I am beating the shit out of someone, did anyone out there ever think for one minute that machines can actually help you with your form when you go back and forth from free weight to machines, or are we all just going to beleive everything that ever came from the guys in the 60s and 70s who trained 6 days a week for 3-4 hours a day...
                          Word.
                          Damn......... it get's annoying........

Especially those weighing under 180-200 lbs and a "few" years training experience.
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

I love the comic Massive G.

In-Human, how 'bout those stabilizers? hahahaha
                            5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

I laugh at this shit too--for about 2 years i was exclusively doing smythe squats because i was free squatting so much previously. I go back to free squats--there was no problem with form and I was very close to my previous weights on it---if you barbell bench for years and all of a sudden start dumbell benching where the load is no longer connected between your two hands--what? are the dumbells going to fly toward your ankles or head now because youve lost all free hand stability?
                              IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Working...
                              X