losing deadlifts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing deadlifts ?

I was wondering if you ditch deadlifts when you dont beat them. Yesterday for the 2nd time i didnt beat my previous deadlift total. I gained 1 rep with my set of 6 to 8. i got 7 instead of 6 the time before with the same weight. with my heavy set i lost 1 rep with the same weigth and got 3 reps the time before i got 4.
    i was just wondering if deads were an exercise that you change if you dont beat it or do you keep doing them considering how good they are. i have been doing deadlifts from the floor for over 1 year and a half without taking a break so i think i may have maxed out for the time being.
    thanks.

I have had the same issues as you, with coming to a sticking point in my deads, so I decided to switch to rack deads for a blast or two, crush them on the log book. Then went back to deads and sure enough, the sticking point was no longer an issue for me.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I just recently ditched 'em... I stubbornly hung on for a few weeks before I gave up.

Comment

I wish I could deadlift, i dont know how you guys do, i just cant get a good form or feel on it.
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM
        --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
          I wish I could deadlift, i dont know how you guys do, i just cant get a good form or feel on it.
          I too have a little trouble with it...I know the proper form..just difficult to do ...but i really like the rack deads.
          This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

you have a problem locking out the top then switch to rack deads every other time and you will make constant progress. i would never ditch them. most of the time people do because they are hard and they dont want to do them-they look for any excuse not to do them. when you get on stage you can tell who has been deadlifting and who has ditched them to do hypers. just my opinion. if they are good enough for ronnie they are good enough for melol
            I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
              I was wondering if you ditch deadlifts when you dont beat them. Yesterday for the 2nd time i didnt beat my previous deadlift total. I gained 1 rep with my set of 6 to 8. i got 7 instead of 6 the time before with the same weight. with my heavy set i lost 1 rep with the same weigth and got 3 reps the time before i got 4.
              i was just wondering if deads were an exercise that you change if you dont beat it or do you keep doing them considering how good they are. i have been doing deadlifts from the floor for over 1 year and a half without taking a break so i think i may have maxed out for the time being.
              thanks.
              ditch it right now, don't be stubborn, I'd go with rack deadlifts instead and see how that works.
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

I remember when I did deadlift first, it just felt very weird, it has taken me a long time to really get the technique down and now I feel deadlift is the best back thickness exercise.

Comment

it took me two years to get pretty good form and i have pulled 650 off the floor. but without technique and consistently training it year round you will not pull 585+ when you get to that point your back will be noticably thicker and look impressive. its worth the hard work.
                  I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

How long have you been blasting, It may be time for a cruise.
                    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
                      How long have you been blasting, It may be time for a cruise.
                      i just finished week 6 today, im going for 2 more weeks, i cant wait for my next blast cause im ditching some exercises like dumbell shoulder press. i was just wondering is deadlifts were an exception to the rule that if you dont beat it you ditch it. deads are the only exercise that im sticking on but even though i didnt beat my previous lifts my lower back was and is still feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
                        i just finished week 6 today, im going for 2 more weeks, i cant wait for my next blast cause im ditching some exercises like dumbell shoulder press. i was just wondering is deadlifts were an exception to the rule that if you dont beat it you ditch it. deads are the only exercise that im sticking on but even though i didnt beat my previous lifts my lower back was and is still feeling it.
                        deadlifts are no exception, ditch it,.... and of course you still feel it in your back, it's not like you suddenly stop to feel the exercise when your progression stops.

Comment

Where's a good desciption and pointers etc.... of how to do the deadlift 100% correct, with the best technique to increase back thickness?
                          TRUEPROTEIN.COM
                          --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

Where's a good desciption and pointers etc.... of how to do the deadlift 100% correct, with the best technique to increase back thickness?
                            i do mine ronnie style which i saw in the unbelievable video and i got the description a while back in the Muscular Development magazine from a Johnie Jackson back training article.

Comment

I'll give you a few pointers from my experience.

What I feel is very important to feel the deadlift more in the back and be able to use heawier weight is to understand how important it is to squeeze the shoulder blades together and contracting the lats is. Usually when I feel out of groove then that's the problem.
                              You can practise this right now by standing up and leaning over a little with a straight back and totally relax your shoulder and lats (hunched over),....... and then pull the shoulders back and contract the lats, pretty much like you do in pressing movements,...... now release again and see how much difference that makes.

Also remember to fill your chest with air at the bottom of the movement and feel how that takes some load of your back and helps keep it straight,..... also keep your head up.

Also, don't push to fast with your feets at the start of the lift because the back is the limiting muscle here and you don't want to turn this into a stiff leg deadlift,......... push with your legs but let the back control the speed. On a well controlled rep, the bar should touch the kneecap (upper shin).

Personally I reset after each rep and have hard time imagining doing it otherway's although many here prefer to do the deadlifts non stop, so if you've not tried restarting, then I'd recommend giving it a try,.....

(ps. about a year ago deadlifts felt pretty awkvard to me, but after about 1 year of constant deadlifting, I have still not lost the war with the log book and I feel this is becoming one of my strongest points).

Comment

Working...
                              X