heel press technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heel press technique

My leg rountine today had heel press and squats. I have read the cfp explaining heel presses, been doing them. But today was the first time i did them with squats. I have noticed that after the 20 repper for heel presses i feel it a good bit in my quads as well. Because of that, i was unable to get my 20 repper for squats. Is this normal, am i possibly doing the heel press wrong? Heel press 5 plates per side for 20, squats 315/4, 225/15, usually get 20 when i do squats with leg curl.
    Good Lord, im getting a reading of over 40 mega-FONZIES. :

just go with a straight saet of 12-15 reps....
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

what exactly is a heel press? im assuming it is supposed to work the front of the lower leg
      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
        what exactly is a heel press? im assuming it is supposed to work the front of the lower leg
        I am sure you are going to hear u need to read the stickys before asking questions like that :dcchomp:
        some where between heaven and hell

Comment

heel press=sumo style leg press
          TRAIN
          EAT
          SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I was just wondering what the technique was for the heel press. I have the seat all the way down and back, sorta laying, verses up and forward, more in a balll. Does it matter? Abd are you supposed to feel it in the quads while doing heel presses? or are my quads that lacking? My ROM is not alot, say in comparison to squats, but i go as deep as i can go without rolling off my back. Definitely not knees to armpits, my midsection wont allow it, not fat just bulky.

Comment

When it comes to the sumo press for hams, I like to sit up as much as is comfortable, keeping the heels high and wide and allow the knees to come back to almost the sides of my skull, definitely feel them strongly in the hamstrings. Yeah, you may feel them in the quads to a degree as well. I also do them right after legpresses for thighs.

Straightsetted.

jim
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by BIKEMAN
                I am sure you are going to hear u need to read the stickys before asking questions like that :dcchomp:
                my bad. ive been using sumo presses for awhile and love them. iv'e just never heard them called heel presses before
                My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that. I could never get the knees to armpit action before, but i think that way, ill be close. I do feel it in the hams, the next day and even more day 2. But i feel the quads the same day. More like fatiqued.

Comment

Working...
                  X