thanks alot DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks alot DC

i got my metabolsim revved up so much that i can hardly eat enough to gain anything. i have been drinking 3 gainer shakes(100+carbs and about 75g protein) on top of my 4 big ass meals and the scale barely moves. i am getting leaner-so, for all the people worried about getting fat-DONT WORRY-once the metabolism gets going based on the large amount of calories your eating you will slowly lean out and still grow. i am gonna start throwing a middle of night shake to up my protein and calories-hopefully this helps. still at 253 but leaner so i know the program is working. anybody got any other ideas? i eat carbs up till i go to bed so that wont help. i was thinking of throwing some olive oil in with my gainer shakes-not much, like 1-2 TBSP. i still got 3 months to gain before the ole diet starts.
    I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Shit and your getting leaner!! Let me guess, your not an endomorph? hehe
    Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

Originally posted by joshb
      i got my metabolsim revved up so much that i can hardly eat enough to gain anything. i have been drinking 3 gainer shakes(100+carbs and about 75g protein) on top of my 4 big ass meals and the scale barely moves. i am getting leaner-so, for all the people worried about getting fat-DONT WORRY-once the metabolism gets going based on the large amount of calories your eating you will slowly lean out and still grow. i am gonna start throwing a middle of night shake to up my protein and calories-hopefully this helps. still at 253 but leaner so i know the program is working. anybody got any other ideas? i eat carbs up till i go to bed so that wont help. i was thinking of throwing some olive oil in with my gainer shakes-not much, like 1-2 TBSP. i still got 3 months to gain before the ole diet starts.
      you seem to be getting lot of carbs so adding olive oil to some of your meals is probably a good idea (not neccessarily the shakes).
      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

blame the protein...

I give my high protein consumption for my upped metabolism... With 400+ grams a day, I am constantly eating, thus constantly burning.. I have never grown like I do now, in my second month DC, and I have never been as lean... I just passed 225 lbs for the first time, and I am clean.... for now... There'll come a day...
        I have a catapult, give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head!

Comment

i dont know if it will matter if i put in the shake or with whole food meals cuz i eat rice, oatmeal, potato, egg noodles with every whole food meal too. i eat a lot of red meat so i am getting plenty of fat with those food meals. i was thinking of using the olive oil in my first two shakes of the day to add a little extra kcal for the day.

Comment

experiment with the oils and see what happens.

i would say add the oils latter in the day when the carbs are lower but you are eating carbs up til bed anyway.

Comment

I noticed that three of your meals are gainer shakes and that you are presently getting leaner. I may have a solution that is unpleasant from a conveniance standpoint: replace one of your shakes with a whole food meal. I have a buddy who was primarily relying on shakes throughout the day, eating 800 grams of carbs and 400 grams of protein per day and could not break 215, in fact, he was getting leaner(REAL lean). If these shakes' carb content is primarily sugar, it could be going straight through you without absorbtion, which is what the gastro-doctor found with my bud. He has since switched to whole food only meals with about 2000 LESS calories than he was consuming and has gained 5 pounds in two weeks.

Comment

i know what ya mean but my shakes have 4 grams of sugar and thats it. plus when i am training 9 people back to back etc i dont have the time to eat a meal. i will do that on days i can and the weekends and see if that helps. i have even started eating a whole jacks pizza with 75g of pro complex-a shitload of kcal-first thing in the morning so we will see if this helps too. thanks for the ideas guys.

Comment

Originally posted by joshb
                  i know what ya mean but my shakes have 4 grams of sugar and thats it. plus when i am training 9 people back to back etc i dont have the time to eat a meal. i will do that on days i can and the weekends and see if that helps. i have even started eating a whole jacks pizza with 75g of pro complex-a shitload of kcal-first thing in the morning so we will see if this helps too. thanks for the ideas guys.
                  The carb used in the gainer could be maltodextrin. It's techincally a complex carb so it won't show up on the label as a sugar, even though it acts like when once ingested, ie it will be in and out in no time.

Damnit, I wish I could eat a whole pizza first thing in the morning and not quickly experience lardass-dom!

Comment

good point...i will check the label. it probably is malto. i am gonna throw some olive oil not much maybe 1-2 tbsp and see how that does.

Comment

Working...
                    X