Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on DC trainees high cal intake

Hey,
    I read that some of the DC trained guys eat up to 8000+ cals a day with 800 grams of protein, not sure who said it but one said that....so what I wonder is...how can one need and burn that high amount of cals? Even if your total need of cals incl. cardio, workouts etc. is about 5000, you will have 3000 too much, which should increase the bodyfat - how come it doesnt?

I really wonder, may anyone explain?

N6
    You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

I'll explain that there may be some individuals who feel the need to count calories but most who train DC are steered away from counting calories. So if you want to know how it's supposed to work, I'd suggest you take some time and read up on everything you can find. It's too detailed and individualistic to get into at this time, but, the more you read about it, the more interesting it gets. And fun too.

Read this site/area and go to MuscleMayhem Forums and find the Doggcrapp Methods area as well

good luck
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I dont count calories. I count grams of protein. Thats really the only thing I track. I take olive oil, flax oil and some PB for fats and I keep an eye on my carbs.

By keeping my protein high, moderate healthy fats and a sharp eye on the carbs, along with friggin' cardio 2-3 times a week I keep the bodyfat under control.

Also I think I know the person you are talking about. Bear in mind that some of DC's guys are absolute monsters, 300+ pounds and have been doing this a loooong time. They know what their body can or can not handle. Guys like In-Human, Massive G, etc...I couldnt eat what those guys put down in a day. So dont feel you need to eat 800+ grams of protein a day or 10,000 calories to gain. Obviously a 150 lb guy who eats 350 grams of protein a day will do fine while a 300 lb guy eating the same diet will probably waste away to nothing.
      Through the best and the worst
      The struggle and sacrifice.
      For the true who've remained and the new blood.
      Motivation, undying allegiance
      Striving through the hardships and affliction.
      Every drop of blood
      Every bitter tear
      Every bead of sweat
      I live for this

Comment

Originally posted by Number6
        Hey,
        I read that some of the DC trained guys eat up to 8000+ cals a day with 800 grams of protein, not sure who said it but one said that....so what I wonder is...how can one need and burn that high amount of cals? Even if your total need of cals incl. cardio, workouts etc. is about 5000, you will have 3000 too much, which should increase the bodyfat - how come it doesnt?

I really wonder, may anyone explain?

N6
        a part of it is the thermogenic effect of protein and the thermogenic effect from eating 6 times a day.
        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Gollum
          I dont count calories. I count grams of protein. Thats really the only thing I track. I take olive oil, flax oil and some PB for fats and I keep an eye on my carbs.

By keeping my protein high, moderate healthy fats and a sharp eye on the carbs, along with friggin' cardio 2-3 times a week I keep the bodyfat under control.

Also I think I know the person you are talking about. Bear in mind that some of DC's guys are absolute monsters, 300+ pounds and have been doing this a loooong time. They know what their body can or can not handle. Guys like In-Human, Massive G, etc...I couldnt eat what those guys put down in a day. So dont feel you need to eat 800+ grams of protein a day or 10,000 calories to gain. Obviously a 150 lb guy who eats 350 grams of protein a day will do fine while a 300 lb guy eating the same diet will probably waste away to nothing.

Thank you Gollum--I need to say absolutely nothing (man i love when he posts)
          IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Ok, thanks...I still don't really understand it HOW ..I imagine it works but still wonder how...seems as if the body was different than most people think, huh? =)
            You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Comment

What do we call someone after Dante is through with him:

Human Blast Furnace....That is self-explanatory
              Last edited by Grammostola; 11-28-2004, 05:20 PM.
              Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

In a nutshell your body goes into overdrive and channels the extra food into your recovery rather than your fat stores.

The training plays a HUGE part, eating this much on a standard volume training protocol would yield bad results.(read fat ass)

Comment

You think that this training is WAY?? harder to recover from than from tons of sets?

DAG447

Comment

IMO With volume training most sets are not taken to true failure.
                    However with DC training you are usually doing 3 x rest-pause sets to failure for most exercises which causes greater stress on the CNS & requires more recovery.
                    "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
                    DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                    for a 5% Discount
                    :wavey:

Comment

read body RX it explains nutrient partitioning and why you can eat more calories and not get fat,,, it is a good book
                      I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
                      X