Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back- fat, depressed and needing help

Fellow doggpounders need help-

A little history- about 4 months ago I was well into my doggcrapp program and growign like crazy- I was up to a fairly lean 260 standing at 5'7 1/2-= my lifts where at a all time high i actually did reat pause with 405 on the incline- personal best...

Then my wife went into the emercency room with severe pain in her abs- found her blood count was way out of wack. Did test for 1 week and found see had a kidney defect- that needed surgury- the surgion was in Minneapolis 2 hours from home- after surgury she was in the hospital for 2 weeks as they could not get her blood counts back to normal- with the surgury she had a nufrostomy (sp) tube that went from her kidney to a bag. We got her home and insurance did not cover the home help we needed to care for her- so for the next 3 weeks I did all of her transferring, feedign and dressing changes etc. After 5 weeks later we went back to the doctor as she was still in severe pain and havign problems- they addmitted her and ran more tests- did another surgury and she was in the hospital for 2 more weeks. After the hospital same thing I was her main caregiver. After her 3rd surgury and almost 3 months she is now better.

My problem is that in that 3 months I did not step into the gym and many days did not eat and if I did it was McDonalds. Once back to work I was laid off from my job in Duluth, MN. Looked for work and the economy is crappy and no jobs paying more then 8 hrs. My wife wanted to move to North Carolina so we recently moved to Greensboro North Carolina. Durign the move and clean up I did not get into the gym as I was the one who had to pack and clean the duplex.

After 4 months I am fatter then I have been in a long time- not only am I fat but I shrunk big time-

Going to my new gym on Monday I think its called beyond fitness. I need help on loosing about 6 inches from my waist. I was going to strart my doggcrapp program but I am so fat that my fat clothes do not fit. I want to loose the waist line and then get back to buildign muscle.

Any suggestion would be appreicated.
    Team Doggcrapp
    2009 Mr. NC here we come

Physique Artist, don't despair since we can count on muscle memory kicking back in to help out your old form. Just realize it's gonna take a little time and some effort (cutting back on the tasty stuff lol) but you'll get your build back!! Stick to your cardio and cutoffs and just give it a bit of time.

Best wishes to your wife/family.
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Well so far I've lost about 65 lbs according to what day of the week I weigh for some reason. In the 8 months I've been trying to trim up I've learned a few things.

1) Don't starve yourself -> I tried eating below 2000 calories when I hit my first plateau. I felt like shit and couldn't make it through a workout.

2) Low intensity cardio seems to work better -> I tried eating about 2500 calories a day and also doing high intensity cardio (cycle class at the gym) 3 days a week. I wound up losing more muscle than I did fat. I'm still trying to regain the strength I lost in my legs. I was leg pressing about 1020 for 6-8 reps in May and that dropped to less than 800 by August. I lost 2.5 inches off my legs with approximately half of it or more being muscle IMO. The rest of my body seems ok, but I think I was overtraining my legs so they got the worst of it.

3) Eat your protein and lots of it - I time my carbs so that I get them mostly first thing in the morning and pwo. The rest of the day I'm pounding protein. On high carb days I'll get 200-225 grams of carbs and on low days I'll get 100-150.

4) Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or with just a protein shake beforehand seems to work best for me. I've switched to a treadmill with the incline high and the speed near 4 mph for 30-40 minutes.

I'm still learning, but these things seem to work well for me. They won't work for everyone of course, but it's somewhere to start I suppose.

Hope your wife is doing well. I lived in Greensboro for 3 years before moving a bit further north to Roanoke, VA. Greensboro isn't a bad place, but I prefer cold weather and mountains. PM me if you got any questions about the area I'll try to help you out.

Comment

You'll be back faster than you can imagine, muscle memory is a crazy thing, I don't have any yet lol but I've seen friends who have and it's remarkable. You'll be right back there in no time.

My prayers go out to you and your wife, and what you did for her is amazing.
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM
        --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

4) Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or with just a protein shake beforehand seems to work best for me. I've switched to a treadmill with the incline high and the speed near 4 mph for 30-40 minutes.
          Personally I'd drink a small whey protein shake first (maybe 10-20 minutes earlier so the aminos are in your blood),..... I think whey protein was the only protein that didn't stop (blunt) fat burn when taken before cardio while preserving muscle, compared to some other proteins...... but you know how those study's are so take that with a grain of salt.

by the way, good luck Physique Artist. :showoff:
          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

PhysiqueArtist---you paid me for training you back then--your one of my personal trainees--email me--we will get this done and get you back to where you were in minimal amount of time. AND TO GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT AND TO SEE WHERE WE ARE GOING TO GET BACK TOO I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT THESE--(GET ZONED IN NOW SHAWN!) HERE IS YOUR OLD PICS--LETS GET IT DONE!
            IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Do?
              IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

you?
                IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

remember?
                  IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

this guy?
                    IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

I sure as fuck do! LETS GET IT DONE!
                      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Fuck Shawn, you looked great, get your ass in gear, now...
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Remember that the longer you've been training, the better your muscle memory is. You can get back into that kind of shape in no time.

Comment

Thanks Guys- You Have Helped Me Lift My Spirts Which Is Huge As I Felt Helpless. You Guys And Thsi Site Is Truly Awesome. I Am Now Excited To Hit The Gym And Cardio Tomorrow.

Thanks Again
                            Team Doggcrapp
                            2009 Mr. NC here we come

Comment

Bro, you look great in those pics.

First off I think you did a great job with helping your wife get her health back. Nothing is more important than that. I wish you and her the best. Secondly, I have no doubt in my mind that you will surpass those pics with your hardwork, muscle memory, and with DC in your corner. Go kill that logbook and show us a bigger and badder Shawn.

R

Comment

Working...
                              X