Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Record Bench Press(video link)

http://bodytechusa.com/videos.html

Here is Gene Rychlak benching an incredible 1005 lbs for a new world record.

Some people will scoff because he is wearing a shirt. I still say it's one hell of an achievement.
    Through the best and the worst
    The struggle and sacrifice.
    For the true who've remained and the new blood.
    Motivation, undying allegiance
    Striving through the hardships and affliction.
    Every drop of blood
    Every bitter tear
    Every bead of sweat
    I live for this

whoa!!
    "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Shirt or not, christ, I just have a problem the way the bar travels, it just seems so strange to me only cause I have never tried it...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

very impressive ! Also the 1124lbs squat that Childress did.

I still have a problem withthose shirts...my god ..the way it is built it acts as a lever across the chest and back ....even with one of those shirts....my bench would still suck !
        This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

I dunno, to me regardless of the weight, there all this shit helping them, the form tends to suck and it's boring as hell to watch. Guess It's like anything, different strokes for different folks.
          Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

i gotta question.. when he was pushing the weight why did it take so long for the spotters to help rack ? it looked different,, still its gotta be hell on the wrist and elbows pushing that weight.. not taking anything away from that,, it was incredible
            "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Shirt or not, it's a 1005lb bench. People get on me about using straps, but the people that do are both smaller and weaker so who the hell are they to talk?

Comment

Originally posted by mobsta
                i gotta question.. when he was pushing the weight why did it take so long for the spotters to help rack ? it looked different,, still its gotta be hell on the wrist and elbows pushing that weight.. not taking anything away from that,, it was incredible
                Waiting for both elbows to lock out to complete the rep...
                "That damn log book"

Comment

he only has like a 2 inch range of motion

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisThePirate
                    Thats what has me having a hard time with any powerlifting meet for benching, is the range they use, and beleive it or not your are not using your Pecs so much but your Triceps are doing most of the work...
                    "That damn log book"

Comment

thats why you'll never see it in the olympics

and the drugs

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisThePirate
                        man you gotta watch that video again, he went from lockout, touched his chest and locked out again with a smooth motion. The guy has short arms and a huge barrel chest, of course he doesn't have a large range of motion.

And isn't the shirt also a safety device?
                        "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by LHDan
                          man you gotta watch that video again, he went from lockout, touched his chest and locked out again with a smooth motion. The guy has short arms and a huge barrel chest, of course he doesn't have a large range of motion.
                          thats the whole point

Comment

Certain people are just built to be good benchers. Like LHDan said he has short arms, a huge chest, he's a broadly built guy who has trained himself to be a great bencher. If he had the same desire and did the same training but had very long arms and a flat chest he probably wouldnt be able to move as much weight. The way you're built definately has something to do with all this.

I have so much respect for powerlifters. But I always hear bodybuilders knocking them for bad form, not enough ROM or for being fat. On another board they were knocking Gene's form. From what I could see, he held the weight after it was unracked, lowered it under control, and pushed it back up to a full lockout. Maybe he teetered a bit about 3/4 of the way up but Jesus Christ its over a 1000lbs dont expect it to be as smooth and pretty as your 135 warm up. The ROM thing I dont get. He cant change his body, he cant create more room to move the bar. I'm 5'5". My range of motion on a squat goes like this...done...see you didnt even see it. But I got big legs so I'm happy. As far as being fat this has been done to death so I'll leave it alone.
                            Through the best and the worst
                            The struggle and sacrifice.
                            For the true who've remained and the new blood.
                            Motivation, undying allegiance
                            Striving through the hardships and affliction.
                            Every drop of blood
                            Every bitter tear
                            Every bead of sweat
                            I live for this

Comment

Goll, It has nothing to do with knocking them, and we are talking two very different types of training here. I only am able to bench in the 5s for 10 reps, I have some very well known powerlifting freinds who tell me with pratice in a shirt for one year I will be in the 7s, now that is not normal from a BBers stand point, there is no way I would ever be in the 6s due to my age and my size raw. I think its just hard for the average BBer to comprehend their form and the weight they push. How many years did the raw 600 stay around, from that to 700 was what 25 years now they are up to 1K in less than 20 years, shirts are incredible and yes I know some of these guys doing 6-7 grams of test a week, yup...
                              Last edited by In-Human; 11-27-2004, 11:07 AM.
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X