Maltodextrin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maltodextrin Question

I was wondering, I was doing some reading and came upon that Maltodextrin is considered a Complex Carb, although it is a sugar. I was wondering, for my shakes that I consume away from home, which I want to be a Protein/Carb meal, would it be a wise choice to add Maltodextrin to my shakes for a good complex carbohydrate?
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

I wouldn't be using malto at any time other than post-workout.
    Oatmeal + whey is nice and easy to make if you have a blender handy.
    "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
    DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
    for a 5% Discount
    :wavey:

Comment

Ditto
      SweatMachine
      (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

That's the thing, no blender
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Raul, my man, where ya been? Haven't chatted with you in forever, get on AOL, hit me up.
          TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
            That's the thing, no blender
            A hand blender at Targert or Walmart is only like $5, and get a coffee grinder too to grind up your oatmeal.
            "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

not unless you want to take the chance of ending up diabetic-LOL
              IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
                I was wondering, I was doing some reading and came upon that Maltodextrin is considered a Complex Carb, although it is a sugar. I was wondering, for my shakes that I consume away from home, which I want to be a Protein/Carb meal, would it be a wise choice to add Maltodextrin to my shakes for a good complex carbohydrate?
                I would rather add oatmeal. The real stuff not that packaged shit

Comment

have you considered getting some baby food? i think they have an oatmeal kind and it's already ground up for you
                  It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by dublin23
                    I would rather add oatmeal. The real stuff not that packaged shit
                    yeah, and remember, oatmeal has some protein too.
                    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                      Well egill if you were eating more you would be ahead of the game already, so go fucking eat something now
                      some diet changes were made 3 day's ago so I can get in more calories.
                      :dcchomp: :dcchomp: :dcchomp: :dcchomp: :dcchomp: :dcchomp:

Comment

there's nothing wrong w/ just shaking the raw oats w/ your protein in a shaker. it's absorbed in the gut slower than if you were to blend it and it doesn't taste any worse than blended. it's actually nice to have something to chew in your shake...

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                          Maltodextrin is a complex carb because of the chemical structure, but as soon as you sip into it... the insulin response makes it the highest GI rating carb, so I wouldn't recommend it at any other time unless you want to end up fat.
                          thats right ...even higher than glucose...
                          as bigdownunder said only post workout...

Comment

Originally posted by dgcls
                            there's nothing wrong w/ just shaking the raw oats w/ your protein in a shaker. it's absorbed in the gut slower than if you were to blend it and it doesn't taste any worse than blended. it's actually nice to have something to chew in your shake...
                            yes, that's a good idea, very easy to make,....... just takes a little time to chew it.

Comment

Egill
                              There's no need to chew the oats if you add them raw.
                              Just down them with the water/protein.
                              "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
                              DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                              for a 5% Discount
                              :wavey:

Comment

Working...
                              X