Any guys have this happen before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guys have this happen before

Hey guys i wanted to know if anyone has ever had this pain before... im doing legpresses and for some reason i get this very very wierd pain in my lower back the right side. Its so hard to explain but it just feels like its on fire ... like someone is just stretching my skin i really dont know how to describe it. Its not a internal pain its more of something i feel on the outside. The second my back was pushed against the bad for the first rep i felt it. I have had this happen before when doing SLDL and then going on to do hacks and just my back touching the back pad was just torture. I know im not being to clear but its just a very very weird pain like its burning badly. Anyone know what the hell this is?

As a guess (and only a guess), I'd say you have a pinched nerve around one of your vertabra and the pain is radiating from it.

How is your flexibility? Do you stretch alot and, more importantly, do you have balanced flexibility? How tight are your hip flexors (tight hip flexors cause more lower back problems in athletes than you can imagine)?
    CrossFit Champions
    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

The only times I remember having a very weird pain like its burning badly is when I strained/ripped a small part at the back of my left trap while doing shrugs and I got a burning feeling sometimes while doing exercises that used that muscle,........ so a minor strain there is a possibility, but I guess you should feel it more when doing back thickness exercises or deadlifts (SLDL) rather than leg presses so I'm not sure. Burning is excactly how I would describe the pain that I had,.... sometimes after the strain/rip when I was doing some exercise it came suddenly after a few reps and then diminished somewhat.
      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

i used to get a pain in my back when doing really heavy leg press i used a lifting belt and that stoped everything. i on the other hand had no pain while sldl or hacks. i fear that you have something completly different.

Comment

While you're doing SLDL is the pain more in a certain position like at the bottom position?
          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

thanks for the posts guys..... its really weird how this pain is cuz it only hurts during my workout afater i get home take a shower im fine. And today i dont feel a dam thing. I am not the most flexable person i guess you could say... what is wierd about it was i wasnt really having pain when doing the moviement it was when my back would touch the padding more then anyhting just that pressure would kill me. But i think i just need to stretch more and warm up alittle better.

Comment

Working...
            X