Sillly Mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sillly Mistakes

I was doing Hack Squats today, and someone asked if they could work in with me. I only had my 2 plates per side 20 repper left to do.. I was all warmed up and everything just getting focused. I said sure. I went and got my spotter. He jumped in did a set. I jumped in the hack squat to obliterate it, and boy did i ever. Next thing i new, i was at 30. Right on!!! Looked in the mirror, damn guy had taken a plate off each side. What a disheartening ordeal. My mistake. I was feeling it in my back afterwards also. Anyway, I got my self back together, rested for a bit, and later tore the hack squat a new arse. Just had to do it the hardest way.. Figured you might enjoy the laugh. Peace.
    Last edited by tarmon8r; 11-22-2004, 02:56 PM.
    Good Lord, im getting a reading of over 40 mega-FONZIES. :

LOL, yeah we can relate, especially when I pick up the db's to do my working set and one arm seems stronger than the other. Then I look to realize one is 5 pounds lighter than the other. It only happened once! I try to learn from my mistakes usually.

jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

8r, LOL, Welcome to IM, we all have it happen to us, wait til you have two or three training partners at once and you all train the same bodyparts one day, please pay attention to both sides of the bar before you begin your workset, lol...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Nice move, U-Haul

Comment

Thanks 3 amigo's. lol. I appreciate the welcom IH. Been shadow boxing in the corners long enough, figured i'd chime in. Btw, I have read the entire CFP at animals board, and dogglog at mayhem and now this board. And it totally makes sense. NO stupid questions here. Thanks to you 3 for all the indirect 411. As you can see I joined in October and its middle late November before i posted. Took that long just to read this site and dogglog. And I got upset with reading all the repeat questions. I suppose you all just took your frustration out on the log book. Peace.

Btw, what happened to Rocky, i saw that he was banned from mayhem and remember him asking i think IH to reinstate him here. I can only assume he was being stupid? I must say i enjoyed reading his posts.. wondering what he would do next and who would clobber him for it.
          Last edited by tarmon8r; 11-22-2004, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Btw, I have read the entire CFP at animals board, and dogglog at mayhem and now this board. And it totally makes sense.
            great to see that you'we done your home work, lol, it would be great if everybody who is going to try the program would read this all. And you feel that the program makes sence is excactly the reason you should do it, not just because everybody else is doing it.

welcome to the board.
            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
              great to see that you'we done your home work, lol, it would be great if everybody who is going to try the program would read this all. And you feel that the program makes sence is excactly the reason you should do it, not just because everybody else is doing it.

welcome to the board.
              Big ditto on that one. And welcome to the board Tarmon8r!

What I never really understood when it comes to Dante's program is that when I first read about all I wanted to do is find out more about it. I looked everywhere and found out everything I could. I mean, I enjoyed looking for and learning about it. That's one I'll probably never figure out though.

jim
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

8r, rocky went a bit overboard with his stupidity here so he needed to be put to sleep, he now is banned from MM, IM, BBing.com if you can beleive that one, so he is a lost child somewhere...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                  Big ditto on that one. And welcome to the board Tarmon8r!

What I never really understood when it comes to Dante's program is that when I first read about all I wanted to do is find out more about it. I looked everywhere and found out everything I could. I mean, I enjoyed looking for and learning about it. That's one I'll probably never figure out though.

jim
                  lol, I'we been wondering the same thing,........ I just couldn't stop reading about DC's program,....this is freaky,.......... I think Dante is somehow hypnotizing us with his long posts, lol.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
                    lol, I'we been wondering the same thing,........ I just couldn't stop reading about DC's program,....this is freaky,.......... I think Dante is somehow hypnotizing us with his long posts, lol.
                    I THINK I KNOW--IT'S GOTTA BE THE CAPS.
                    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by MsteveM
                      I THINK I KNOW--IT'S GOTTA BE THE CAPS.
                      Don't give away his secrets.
                      Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Any one else have some funny or embarressing moments in the gym?

I first found out about DC training in a post at AM from Ironaddict back about 8 months ago. It took me to animals board. Donated $10 to learn more. Well worth it just from the Realm of Doggcrapp and Ironaddict forum. Found this site and then learned about Mayhem. Read the sticky's here and over at Mayhem. Girlfriend is just amazed at my desire to learn everything i can about this. She asks me questions about training that when i try to answer she just doesnt understand because she just doesnt get the entire big picture. I become long winded, like DC has mentioned, trying to explain what little bit i know, that its never just one thing, its everything, eating sleeping training and eating some more. Thank god i have always been a healthy eater.(i.e. quantity).

Its time to eat.

Comment

Working...
                        X