Swimming for Cardio???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming for Cardio???

Sup everyone, well this semester I have had no time to work out, have been drinking to much beer, and have gotten a little out of shape, LOL, anyway ill be back home for the winter and have all the time I want to work out, and next semester Ill have a better meal plan, so if I did the DC workouts 3 days a week could I swim the extra four, and what is the quickest way to get back in shape, workout more or swim/cardio more, im not that bad but look like crap still, thanks

Originally posted by Richard85
    Sup everyone, well this semester I have had no time to work out, have been drinking to much beer, and have gotten a little out of shape, LOL, anyway ill be back home for the winter and have all the time I want to work out, and next semester Ill have a better meal plan, so if I did the DC workouts 3 days a week could I swim the extra four, and what is the quickest way to get back in shape, workout more or swim/cardio more, im not that bad but look like crap still, thanks
    So by out of shape I guess you mean that you lost some lean mass and got a little fatter?,...... then I'd say that it's okay to do a little bit more cardio than normal while you are getting back to your previous muscle mass, but following the carb cutoffs is even more important. Nothing wrong with swimming for cardio.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

i almost wished I had gone to college near home and lived at home, that way i could still BB but its impossible to afford the food and protein as a college student

Comment

The problem is that you don't know how many calories you're really burning.

Comment

i almost wished I had gone to college near home and lived at home, that way i could still BB but its impossible to afford the food and protein as a college student
          Personally I would still train if I had trouble affording the food, I'd maybe cut the frequency down a bit (maybe straight set) or at least train for the health benefits and try to maintain my physique.

Take for an example my training partner, he often only eats 2 times a day, a moderate breakfast with very little protein, then no lunch or afternoon snack and a very large dinner with lots of protein (after training),...... it actually works well for him maintaining his weight (or gaining slowly) and keeping lean and he feels very energetic during the day.

Comment

Are you paying for the beer?

Buy good food instead.

I know right now partying and tail are extremely important, but...10 years from now you'll wish you had put more effort into your physique during your college years. Trust me.
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
              Personally I would still train if I had trouble affording the food, I'd maybe cut the frequency down a bit (maybe straight set) or at least train for the health benefits and try to maintain my physique.

Take for an example my training partner, he often only eats 2 times a day, a moderate breakfast with very little protein, then no lunch or afternoon snack and a very large dinner with lots of protein (after training),...... it actually works well for him maintaining his weight (or gaining slowly) and keeping lean and he feels very energetic during the day.
              Fuckin genetics, LOL. I train with a guy that used to be a competitive powerlifter, but he now wants to become a bodybuilder and wants my help. He is 5'3", 216 with low bodyfat. I swear his arms are atleast 20", bare minimum. Benched 560 at his best. His diet? Some random crap in the morning, often skips lunch, has a steak or some chicken at night. I hate him...LOL

Comment

dude that dog in ur avatar is freaky. LOL

-------------
                [email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected] :flip:
                www.trueprotein.com :smooch:

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                  Fuckin genetics, LOL. I train with a guy that used to be a competitive powerlifter, but he now wants to become a bodybuilder and wants my help. He is 5'3", 216 with low bodyfat. I swear his arms are atleast 20", bare minimum. Benched 560 at his best. His diet? Some random crap in the morning, often skips lunch, has a steak or some chicken at night. I hate him...LOL
                  You found a training partner shorther than you???!!!

LOL.
                  CrossFit Champions
                  Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                    LOL, usmuscle it's not genetics he's not only my brother (I believe you'we seen my pictures and my great genes *cough* not *cough*) he's my twin brother. He eats pretty clean (he mixes fats & carbs though) and usually gets slightly over 1g per lbs of protein.

dude that dog in ur avatar is freaky. LOL
                    That's Batdog, I call him the dogg pound superhero, lol, do a search for "Batdog" here and you'll find a lot of useful information about him like his superpowers and other bullshitt,.... I mean great stuff. You know Batman is a ripoff of Batdog

Comment

hey EGILL i dont think hes talking about your aviator

Comment

Originally posted by The Munster
                        Are you paying for the beer?

Buy good food instead.

I know right now partying and tail are extremely important, but...10 years from now you'll wish you had put more effort into your physique during your college years. Trust me.
                        the problem is i have no kitchen, i only spend like 10 bucks a week on beer but its the damn meal plan, when I have my own apartment and can buy the food I want it will be better, but ive gotten discouraged cause the beginning of the year i realized i couldnt continue to gain with the calories i was eating

Comment

Richard, I think any cardio would be good, but I do know swimming is a poor form of buring fat, mainly because it does not raise your body temp. very high, something that is very effective in helping melt the fat. I was suprised to learn this some years back, from a doctor.
                          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23

bingo.

but the batdog is funny. lol

-------------
                            [email protected]
                            [email protected]
                            [email protected] :flip:
                            www.trueprotein.com :smooch:

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
                              :o

Comment

Working...
                              X