Do any of yall incorporate. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of yall incorporate. . .

I was wondering if anyone else here incorporates power movements lke cleans, snatched, deads, etc into DC training method??? I have and I really am impressed with the resultz I have gotten from using them. Just wondering what other ppl's thoughts were
    What the mind believes, the body achieves

NOT ME BRO-

I personally think theyre great for football players and prowrestlers but they are too injury inducing for me!
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

of course we do deads but cleans & snatches don't lend themself to well to rest pauses or the slow negatives.

I have and I really am impressed with the resultz I have gotten from using them.
      well, can't argue with results though.
      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

i would think on this type of training it would be difficult seeing that on power movements like deads you would do a heavy 8 then a heavier 4,, i just cant imagine doing cleans might be dangerous,, deadlifts im all for though
        "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Yeah, i dont do slow negatives with them or rest pauses i do straight sets with them. Theres now way i can do a slow neg with 405 with deads or cleans for 225 but they seem to help thicken my back. I was wondering what evryone thought.

Comment

i plan on incorporating power movements in the future, but that's for another time...not something i'm going to try and do while DC training. i've done them in the past and i do like the movements. but what are your current goals? if you're looking specifically for power, you might do better on a different routine.
            www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by da_Fonz
              Yeah, i dont do slow negatives with them or rest pauses i do straight sets with them. Theres now way i can do a slow neg with 405 with deads or cleans for 225 but they seem to help thicken my back. I was wondering what evryone thought.
              the negative on deads might only be one second but it's still controlled, deads are probably the best back thickness exercise IMO, haven't tried cleans though.
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

I dont have any specific goals at the moment, i thought i would go old school and lift only using power movements and compound exercises. No isolation excerises. Well actually i am trying to get back to where i was before 2 injuries i had this year. I tore my biceps and had an impinged scaling muscle.

Comment

olympic movements are supposed to be done with as much speed from the floor and explosiveness as possible. you could maybe pick certain days(twice per week-maybe mon and wed-or even just once) to do cleans etc and do them first thing in your workout to prevent injury and be as strong/energetic as possible to get a benefit from them-only a athlete should incorporate these... they will do nothing for a bodybuilder. anyone else agree/disagree?
                  I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

strongly disagree with the statement that cleans and power movements will do nothing for the bodybuilder. Cleans and snatches potentiate the nervous system like no other, increasing nerual drive to the muscle and allowing you to lift heavier laods, and the minimum load and the minimal speed threshhold to facilitate the hypertrophy of the Type II muscle fibers, the fibers with the most potential for hypertrohpy. Increased flexiblity and joint mobility and stability would benefit everyone. Not only that, but the fact that a lot of bodybuilders need something compeltely different that the atypical slow training to give them that nudge over a plateua only adds to my argument. I credit cleans and snatches to my impressive trap development. I do not see the harm in incorporating cleans into back thickness rotation to give the body a little variety as well as the metabolic pathway a break, as cleans have little to no eccentric, so it could actually facilitate recovery by giving your back a break from the slow negative, as well as shock it into growth, so to speak. However, I have always agreed with the fact that programs were designed as a whole and for a specific purpose, so I, personally, will follow DC's routine to a T, and only incorporate cleans if one of two things happen:
                    A. I design my own program, or
                    B. My back seems to be lagging or runnnig out of exercises.

I don's see either of those happening in the near future. :showoff:

Comment

I see no need for them as a bodybuilder.

TH
                      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

thank you trulyhuge.

wguitarg,
                        give me the name of one top bodybuilder who does olympic lifts as part of their workout? i would be very surprised if you can name one. of course, i have not seen your impressive trap development....also, if your deadlifting there shouldnt be a slow negative but a controlled downward movement. there are many other exercises to give the body variety besides olympic lifts i.e. seated good mornings. unless DC ok's any changes i would stick to the plan and not vary from it. i am not trying to call you out just stating my difference of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by joshb
                          thank you trulyhuge.

wguitarg,
                          give me the name of one top bodybuilder who does olympic lifts as part of their workout? i would be very surprised if you can name one. of course, i have not seen your impressive trap development....also, if your deadlifting there shouldnt be a slow negative but a controlled downward movement. there are many other exercises to give the body variety besides olympic lifts i.e. seated good mornings. unless DC ok's any changes i would stick to the plan and not vary from it. i am not trying to call you out just stating my difference of opinion.

SERGIO OLIVA. Not that I agree with doing them DC style. Oliva started out as an Olympic lifter though.
                          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                          SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                          TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

wguitarg,

I do not follow pro or amateur bodybuilding, let alone the names of any top competitors, as I was a powerlifter immediately before DC training, preceded by training geared to power development for football, so pro bodybuilding was not exactly the people we looked up to, nor do I still. I find that my traps grew better from powercleans and snatches than anything, but genetically I have large traps that respond best to heavy deads and power movements. Umm.. BTW, why would I lie about my trap development to push olympic lifts on someone I have never met, so I'm not sure where you come off on not seeing my "impressive trap development." I appreciate your difference of opinion, but I still believe that they can be incorporated to a program of your own design with good results.

Comment

yes, a program for powerlifting or athletics including the olympic lifts will increase explosiveness and power but is not very beneficial for muscular size. i couldnt agree more that heavy deads will definitely make the traps grow faster than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X