Absolute Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Newb

I've read, and read, and read... maybe I'm just retarded (completely plausable). What DC is saying is that you should only do ONE set per muscle group every other workout? WTF, mate? Only one set can't brake down the muscle enough, can it?

Also, why in the hell would you stretch and warm-up when it only pre-exhausts your muscle? Doesn't lifting as much weight as possible while your muscle is fresh, get you stronger, faster?

Originally posted by Kroms_laugh
    I've read, and read, and read... maybe I'm just retarded (completely plausable). What DC is saying is that you should only do ONE set per muscle group every other workout? WTF, mate? Only one set can't brake down the muscle enough, can it?

Also, why in the hell would you stretch and warm-up when it only pre-exhausts your muscle? Doesn't lifting as much weight as possible while your muscle is fresh, get you stronger, faster?
    one rest pause set... try it and you probably wont say its not enough

warm ups arent work sets, if you dont put too much effort into them they wont tax you too much

Comment

So if my 10RM on flat barbell presses is at 200 lbs. What should my warm up set / rest pause set look like?

Comment

So if my 10RM on flat barbell presses is at 200 lbs. What should my warm up set / rest pause set look like?
        thats up to you, a lot of guys on here dont even do fb presses

i do though, and i really really like to get good warmups on this exercize in particular

at 200 lbs i would probably do 2 - 3 really deep warmups because it is a relatively dangerous exercize, and my shoulders dont always like it

just dont try and squeeze out a lot of reps when your warmups near 200

Comment

I think you need to read more. I honestly have no idea where you got the idea that we do one set per bodypart every other workout. On most bodyparts at every workout we DO use one set, but on things like deads and quads movements we use two sets.

And why the condescending tone? You come on here talking like DC is the most retarded thing you've heard in your life. You've never stretched or warmed up your muscles before a workout? What planet are you from? Stretchnig and warming up your muscles are NOT things that are exclusive to DC, these things are imperative to prime the muscle for heavy lifting and is a safety measure as well. Do you think you'd just go straight over to the squat rack, put 405 on your back and pound out 20 reps with no warm up at all? No way in hell, and if you do...may whoever-made-us be with you on that.

Comment

What DC is saying is that you should only do ONE set per muscle group every other workout? WTF, mate? Only one set can't brake down the muscle enough, can it?
            one set only is more than enough,...... are you coming from some another board?

Also, why in the hell would you stretch and warm-up when it only pre-exhausts your muscle?
            you stretch after the set.

Doesn't lifting as much weight as possible while your muscle is fresh, get you stronger, faster?
            If you warmup right you can push more weight and reduce the likeness of injury.

I wouldn't recommend flat barbell presses because of thei're not that safe (pec/shoulder injury),..... if you insist on doing them then I'd at least RP them in higher reps, i.e. 15-30RP for more safety.

The warming up is very individual, that's something you have to learn and get a feel for what's right. I personally might start with about half the weight and do 10-12 reps and then move up in weight and do fewer reps each time until I get to the working set.
            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
              I think you need to read more. I honestly have no idea where you got the idea that we do one set per bodypart every other workout.
              this is a 2 way bodypart split so we do train each muscle with one set every other workout for the most part so I see how he could say that,........ but I definitely agree that Kroms_laugh needs to read more, at least he sounds like a complete newbie that needs some deebrainwashing.
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

I think you need to read more. I honestly have no idea where you got the idea that we do one set per bodypart every other workout. On most bodyparts at every workout we DO use one set, but on things like deads and quads movements we use two sets.

And why the condescending tone? You come on here talking like DC is the most retarded thing you've heard in your life. You've never stretched or warmed up your muscles before a workout? What planet are you from? Stretchnig and warming up your muscles are NOT things that are exclusive to DC, these things are imperative to prime the muscle for heavy lifting and is a safety measure as well. Do you think you'd just go straight over to the squat rack, put 405 on your back and pound out 20 reps with no warm up at all? No way in hell, and if you do...may whoever-made-us be with you on that.
                I'm not trying to sound condescending. My apologies... and, I'm from planet Earth.

Comment

. Do you think you'd just go straight over to the squat rack, put 405 on your back and pound out 20 reps with no warm up at all? No way in hell.
                  What if 405 for 20 is my warm-up on squats?
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

you might want to check out muscle mayhem they have some good info that you can and need to read up on.

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                      What if 405 for 20 is my warm-up on squats?
                      FH - Are those one leg squats or front squats?
                      VA Maddog

Comment

Troll
                        "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
                        DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                        for a 5% Discount
                        :wavey:

Comment

Originally posted by BigDownUnder
                          Troll

ROFL... I'm not trying to be a troll. It's just that there are about a million different versions of doggcrapp that I've seen. One source will tell you what to do, then you're told your a frickin' idiot by everyone else.

Again. I absolutely humbly apologize if I wasted your frickin' time.

Promote tolerance for Newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDownUnder
                            Troll

ill vouch for KROMS, hes not a troll, i actually lead him here from another board, because he ahd some questions about it, and instead of giving him the stupid answers i can be prone to, i figured i would direct him in the proper direction for help. that is where you guys come in. i have al ready posted the DC TRAINING MANUAL over there, so he could read up, and this is what hes left with, little knowldge and many questions ....lol.... (please inform him as you have informed me).
                            -----------------------------------
                            TrueProtein.com
                            Discount Code: grm229
                            ------------------------------------

Comment

ROFL... I'm not trying to be a troll. It's just that there are about a million different versions of doggcrapp that I've seen. One source will tell you what to do, then you're told your a frickin' idiot by everyone else.

Again. I absolutely humbly apologize if I wasted your frickin' time.

Promote tolerance for Newbies.
                              In that case I apologize for mislabelling you.
                              As everyone has previously stated - READ.
                              There is heaps of info in this forum, over @ muscle mayhem and in cycles for pennies.
                              If you have any doubts about doing this program, it's best not to start it because you're not ready.
                              With that said, best of luck if & when you do start.
                              "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
                              DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                              for a 5% Discount
                              :wavey:

Comment

Working...
                              X