DC workouts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC workouts....

As some of you guys know ive decided to join the crowd a month or so ago and have been loving the workout and the stretching. But i came across a problem where i ditched my workout partner due to him always being late... so i started lifting myself and i noticed that every lift that i did with him i had to reduce the weight becuase i could not beat the log book for shit and i realized he has been spotting me way to much. But not only that alot of exercies sometimes you just need someone to get it up since its in a akward starting point like some hammer machines for chest. But my problem is its been about 3weeks ive been on my own and im having trouble progressing i dropped all my weights that needed to be dropped but just not progressing on any of my chest exercises. Im topping out at 225-230 for 11-12RP on high and low smtyh incline press.. And this has happened a few weeks in a row but this weight seems way to low for me to think that its time to dump the exercies i mean i started at 195 is it really time to dump this exercise? Granted a few of those workout i didnt feel my best but i just know there has to be more strength there then this... all my other exercises seem to be progressing and by the way my chest is my worst body part its FLAT i try the pinching the shoulders but i just cant get the dam thing to grow but my shoulders and tries sure dont mind growing lol So any help would be appreciated thanks guy

This is hard but the solutions simple tyson. You just have to sauck it up and drop it. I know its an ego thing and hard to admit that the logbook beat you hands down, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do to grow.

Show the damn logbook the finger and let him know you'll be back. Now move on and when you do return, make sure that freakin' logbook ain't gonna run off hiding under his momma's skirt.
    Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

thanks for the post bro... it sucks to say but maybe you are right... i just feel there has to be more strength in me then that considering i started at right under 200lbs....and not only that i hate using dumbells so im stuck to choose between what? hammer machines. I never really feel to sore or even to pumped doing hammer for chest i dont know what to do im pissed considering i really want to improve my chest i need it to come out more put some meat on it

Comment

Wanna do pushups with
        <----- on top of you? She weights a ton!

I've no idea what you gym has.. but i'm sure you'll find a way round it. Its whether you wanna grow that damn chest of yours or not. So.. stop whining bout the lack of exercises(lets keep cortisol in check here) and damn well find a chest exercise that feels oh so right for ya!! It takes time.. the effort you put in will definitely show if you're not half assing..
        Consistency is the key

Comment

i realized he has been spotting me way to much.
          don't let him get near the bar until you're done,...... I got pissed off the other day when my training partner started to help me up when there was an inch of the negative left (I was fried but let my finish the goddamn negative).

if you are having hard time beating the log book then cruise could be coming soon and/or you might not be eating enough.

And this has happened a few weeks in a row but this weight seems way to low for me to think that its time to dump the exercies i mean i started at 195 is it really time to dump this exercise?
          don't worry about that incline, just change it up, you will get back to it later and destroy it.

Granted a few of those workout i didnt feel my best but i just know there has to be more strength there then this... all my other exercises seem to be progressing and by the way my chest is my worst body part its FLAT i try the pinching the shoulders but i just cant get the dam thing to grow but my shoulders and tries sure dont mind growing lol So any help would be appreciated thanks guy
          I had a little problem with my chest first when I started DC'ing, I was a bit stubborn and didn't change the exercises as soon as I should, since then I'we changed some exercises and those are going great.

lionel, I think that avatar is lowering my test levels, lol.
          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
            thanks for the post bro... it sucks to say but maybe you are right... i just feel there has to be more strength in me then that considering i started at right under 200lbs....and not only that i hate using dumbells so im stuck to choose between what? hammer machines. I never really feel to sore or even to pumped doing hammer for chest i dont know what to do im pissed considering i really want to improve my chest i need it to come out more put some meat on it
            It wouldn't surprice me if you'we been using that incline for a long time, right. many of those hammer machines are very good, I'm doing one which is flat and I use a very wide grip and it fries my chest completely, it's brutal,..... I have to be extra careful with pinning my shoulders back all the time with that wide grip (not as safe). Many other chest machines than hammer strength are good to, so try what you have.

Comment

thanks for the post guys.... actually my gym has everything you can think of its a big gym LA fitness so its pretty loaded... i just know i dont want to RP dumbells and i cant really think of anything besides hammer equipment... And i really want to do some type of bar movment my 3 exercises are incline low and high and flat hammer and it just feels more stress in my shoulders when i do most hammer. I dont know im all fucked up lol

Comment

Another thing i should add is i took all last week off of training and off these last two days so thats about a good 10days no training .. do you think i just needed a cruise or should i dump the exercise? Tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym

Comment

The smith machine is vital when you're DC chest training without a partner IMO
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

yea thats why im pretty ticked off.... so im not sure if these last 10days off is probably what i needed or should i just let go.. i had been doing DC for about hmm 2-2.5 months

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
                      lionel, I think that avatar is lowering my test levels, lol.
                      man.. i shan't go on bout 'batdog!!'

LOL! Do you think they'll work well together? Laugh-a-lot bear with batdog as her sidekick?
                      Consistency is the key

Comment

thanks for the post guys.... actually my gym has everything you can think of its a big gym LA fitness so its pretty loaded... i just know i dont want to RP dumbells and i cant really think of anything besides hammer equipment... And i really want to do some type of bar movment my 3 exercises are incline low and high and flat hammer and it just feels more stress in my shoulders when i do most hammer. I dont know im all fucked up lol
                        yes, dumbbell wouldn't be my first choice but barbells are not easy to RP either. I would go with the smythe machine and some machines. In some of those machines just changing the seat can make a lot of difference so experiment with that. And I also have a little shoulder irritation with some of those machines (some of those incline machines often move pretty weird, at the start of the movement you're pushing at maybe 30° angle and at the end of the movement it's more like a 45° angle, that just feels weird and not to comfortable for my shoulders).

Another thing i should add is i took all last week off of training and off these last two days so thats about a good 10days no training .. do you think i just needed a cruise or should i dump the exercise? Tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym
                        I'm not sure, I'd probably just dump it instead of taking the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
                          yea thats why im pretty ticked off.... so im not sure if these last 10days off is probably what i needed or should i just let go.. i had been doing DC for about hmm 2-2.5 months
                          You've reached a plateau my friend.Time for a cruise.No doubt about it.....Next blast I'd try to read the warning signs a little sooner so as not to dip quite so far into the overtraining realm
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by lionel
                            man.. i shan't go on bout 'batdog!!'

LOL! Do you think they'll work well together? Laugh-a-lot bear with batdog as her sidekick?
                            you mean Laugh-a-lot bear is batdogs bitch, lol.

Comment

Thanks for your post FH well i took the last 10days off so thats a cruise right there isnt it? Does this mean dump it or give it one more shot? I have my first workout tomorrow... let me know what you think. Im not trying to avoid others suggestions so guys dont think that i just want to try to see all different opinions. Dumping it is the easiest thing to do but at the same time maybe i was just in need of those days off i took and im ready to go... tuff choice to make

Comment

Working...
                              X