Cant get my shoulders to grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get my shoulders to grow

I have bin training DC style for quite a while.. All lifts are up.
    Im seeing progress on every bodypart except shoulders.. I am lifting heavier on the compound movements all the time (military, behind neck) but still my shoulders doesent grow.. What could it be, that im doing wrong ?

poor genetics for shoulder growth?? what rep range are you useing?? also how low are you bringing the bar down??
    This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

try not fully locking out, that seems to be helping me a little

raise the rep range maybe

try some dumbell movements

Comment

I'd try raising the rep range to 15-30 reps and see if that works any better, and be sure that your negative is good,........ I'd also be sure that you are not using any momentum on the bottom of the movement by pausing just for a split second before exploding up.
        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

genetics....some muscle groups just take a little longer to grow. keep getting stronger and pound the food.
          I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

I had finished my last reply when I realized I was in the DOGGPOUND.I removed both my posts out of respect .. I appologize, and need to mind my own business. Sorry Guys.
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Up the rep range,worked for me on chest.

Comment

Ive got a question on the subject of shoulders. My front and side delts have blown up since doing the compound lifts. But my rear delts are lagging really bad. Should i switch up some back exercises to get more rear delt work in?

Like underhand barbell rows, and dumbell rows?

Comment

Originally posted by asim
                  Ive got a question on the subject of shoulders. My front and side delts have blown up since doing the compound lifts. But my rear delts are lagging really bad. Should i switch up some back exercises to get more rear delt work in?

Like underhand barbell rows, and dumbell rows?
                  Lightening the load a little and focusing more on the contract at the end of the movement might help,... I'm not sure.

here is a post from DC to someone with rear delt problems (from cfp maybe), but keep in mind that it might be outdated or something:

Most of the time heavy back movements more than make up the difference here but maybe we have a rare case-so in this case maybe we need to improvise-you might want to try this movement also---Do a bent over barbell row but dont grab the bar, grab the actual plates by the lip and row it (obviously you will have to have the lip side facing outward)--this is going to feel kind of awkward first time out and can be rough on your hands but its going to bomb the rear delts. I would do this on back thickness day--the very very last thing before you walk out of the gym, right after back thickness so you probably wont even have to warm up on it. One all out straight set or rest pause set (your choice) and then get your ass out of the gym.....and trust me dont confuse the weights you use on bent over row with what youll be doing with this--your going to have to go much lighter than you think-maybe even a 35lb plate on each side for 20rp-it will be almost all rear delt and very little back involvement.

It would be interestin to hear if somebody with troublesome rear delts has used this technique here.

Comment

Egill that's funny. I was going to post that one too lol. No it's not old, he recently told us about that exercise.
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

that's a fucking genious exercise. i tried it now(without nothing;just imagination) and i feel my rear delts doing the work, lol....
                      TRAIN
                      EAT
                      SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                        Egill that's funny. I was going to post that one too lol. No it's not old, he recently told us about that exercise.
                        Oh really, :albert: ...... you've only posted about 95% of the DC quotes here in the dogg pound, lol.

Comment

Who me? Hey it's not just a job, it's an adventure.

If it helps to keep us on the path to growth......... :dcchomp:
                          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                            Who me? Hey it's not just a job, it's an adventure.

If it helps to keep us on the path to growth......... :dcchomp:
                            well, you're doing a great job jim.

Comment

Not with Tyson I'm not LOL!!
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X