Sitting calf raise - stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting calf raise - stretch?

It seems impossible for me to get such a stretch for seated calf raises - any suggestions?

also, for leg press used for calves, do you have you knees straight or a bit unstraight (cannot describe different, sry).

N6
    You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Slightly bent! What seems to be the problem with not being able to stretch enough? Are your heels hitting the floor or something?
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I cant get my toes up to stretch......in general the sitting calf raise is making problems...cannot describe in english =/ but you know..when I try to have a stretch, the load racks itself...and so I dont have a loaded stretch....maybe that describes it
      You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Comment

The seated calf at my gym has a adjustable area right under the knees. I also realized they have an adjustable slant on the hack machine too.

Are you positive that it doesn't have an adjustable height anywhere?
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Will have to check that, would be good =) I had to look around for the standing leg curl as well but found it by chance haha I´ll check tomorrow, thanks man, you´re a great help for me. You got some kind of instant messenger or so? would be cool...

N6

DAG447

Comment

Whenever you want to Private Message someone just click on their name and send them a p.m.

This site is fantastic for getting people to try and help.

If the calf machine doesn't have an adjustable area/lever then you may be stuck just doing whatever Range of Motion (Rom) it offers. It is possible to stack plates on your lap but I wouldn't recommend it. You'd have to be super carefull and have a great spotter.

I say be carefull because someone spotted me at home when I was doing them and the weight/plate slipped off and crushed his toes lol. Poor kid.

jim
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Ive got big feet (big shocker there) and my heels 'bottom out' on a lot of seated calf machines.What I have to do is scoot my feet forward on the foor rest which lessens the chance of bottoming out
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

this reminds me of when I tried a sitting calf raise machine that I just didn't get any painful stretch at all, I only get a painful stretch when my legs are straight,..... anyone else get that.
                each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

I dunno if this is only me but I believe I can get a better stretch if I do one leg at a time on the sitting calf machine.

Comment

Working...
                  X