Jesus Im fuming and have to vent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Im fuming and have to vent!

Just got back from the gym--I got 455 on the squat--in the rack--I tell my girl who is spotting me to watch me close because im not feeling so strong tonite, first rep will tell me whats up, so watch me close. I start descending and im looking in the mirror and this FREAKING GIRL DUCKS DIRECTLY UNDER THE PLATES ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE, SQUATS DOWN DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH ALL THE PLATES AND PICKS UP THE NECKBAR PAD LAYING THERE UP AGAINST THE SIDE OF THE RACK---THIS IS RIGHT UNDER ALL THE PLATES ON MY LEFT SIDE AND AS IM DESCENDING (and trust me I couldnt of reversed direction at that point)....I yelled "jesus dont get under there!"--as I drove it back up.....freaked me right out and i tried to finish the set but---I lost about 2 reps just from that and racked it.....seriously how incredibly numb are some people in this world? If she bumped that and I tore a quad or even worse......if she got hurt....dont even want to think about it. I dont care if your a newbie or what......thats just common sense
    Last edited by Doggcrapp; 11-15-2004, 11:48 PM.
    IG is

@dante_trudel

SHit, people do that all the time when I'm in the smith squatting. They'll walk DANGEROUSLY close to the bar while I'm going up and down. Now I can see if they're watching out for it, but they walk by it with blatant disregard, almost like I'm LUCKY someone hasn't hit it yet. Same thing with leg press, I've had quite a few instances where people have almost kneed me in the head walking by. When doing triceps extensions quite a while back, a guy DID nudge the bar a little and caused it to sway mid-rep.

How incredibly dumb are people in this world? Very. I am constantly reminded of this every time I get behind the wheel of a vehicle and pull out of my drive way.

Comment

It’s making my stomach churn just thinking about it, damn and I gotta eat in like 5 mins minutes!! I worry like crazy when I go into the chest stretch what could happen if the people walking around, most often too fucking close, walked straight into one of the dumbbells!! Seriously though I'm glad things didn't turn out that much worse which they could very well have.
      Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

i feel ya pain,, today i was doing db shoulder press,, not a lot of weight only 75lbs,, as soon as i kick them up some dumb ass stands right next to me and starts doing side lateralss,, wtf!!! i just looked at him and when i was done with the set i dropped the db my him and said "watch yourself might get hurt!!" the guy moved to the other side of the gym
        "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Ugh, and the side lateral guys, seen plenty of dangerous situations with them...

Comment

I once had a guy do that to me ..was gonna stand up to start my 1st rep with 405 and this dumb fuck weaves around the bar to get to the chalk stand so he can do his 100LBS bench! Now I have what some would call a D.I. VOICE when I yell....it carries ! I told him in no ucertian terms that he was a stupid asshole and if he ever did that to me again I was going to kick his ass...hey I was 24-25 at the time give me a break .....HUM never saw him much at that gym again.....

As for the lateral raises...about 3 weeks ago I was doing a light set to warm up ....jerk was looking right at me as he straffed by me ...I didn't check my motion at all, in fact I damn near tried to hit him ...think I missed his face by less then an inch !
            This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

DC, I could write a book on some of the shit I have seen and most of it in the Squat rack, some people are clueless to the weights being moved...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I trained at a Hardcore gym for years and I never had a bad experience. Then I started training at 24 hour fitness/ Family Fit and these things would happen allmost daily. What ever happened to gym etiquite? Thank God I train at home.

Comment

DC - The first thought in my mind when I read your post was "I'm glad that he did not need a spot, because I doubt that she would have had a clue as to how to spot correctly"

Maybe you'll have to develop a DC spotter qualification test... Here - answer these 10 questions correctly and then I might let you help me - lol

In my opinion there are really very few people in most gyms who take the role of spotter seriously and who know how to do it correctly. The role of a spotter is first safety and second to help with intensity. How many really are thinking that way?
                  VA Maddog

Comment

We have two smith machines at my gym and they are right next to each other the other day I was doing squats and the two guys to the left of me started their "squat session". I was always polite and never walked in between the machine while they were in the middle of their sets but they always walked in between on mine. and they knew two what was going to happen because they kept looking at the bar everytime they went by. some people just amaze me.
                    another good on is when I was doing one leg leg presses and only had plates on one side a guy came up to me and said do you know you only have three plates on one side. I could hardly contain myself I said thanks and just moved on.
                    amazing

Comment

Originally posted by N8IA
                      We have two smith machines at my gym and they are right next to each other the other day I was doing squats and the two guys to the left of me started their "squat session". I was always polite and never walked in between the machine while they were in the middle of their sets but they always walked in between on mine. and they knew two what was going to happen because they kept looking at the bar everytime they went by. some people just amaze me.
                      another good on is when I was doing one leg leg presses and only had plates on one side a guy came up to me and said do you know you only have three plates on one side. I could hardly contain myself I said thanks and just moved on.
                      amazing
                      I remember when I was doingh front squats and this guy just burst out laughing. I finished my set, and he was looking at me. I thought that my pants had ripped through or something. He told me, "Nah man, you doin squats da wrong way bo! Da bar sposed to be onya back!"

riiigght

Comment

LOL!!

man she was headed for a bad accident there. you both are lucky. glad to hear you did not get hurt and she did not get killed.

since we are sharing stupid people stories now...there is this trainer at the gym (bally's) he would be lucky if he goes 150lbs soaked and a very smooth 150 that is.

anyway - i am on a heavy (for me anyway) set of leg presses. i had 12 plates on each side and i am in the bottom pushing like hell. he walks by in his slimy voice and makes some smartass remark as i am coming out of the bottom!! WTF???

it totally threw me off and destroyed my set!!! i wanted to wringe his damn neck. anyway - he has not come near me since so i guess that is a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                          "Nah man, you doin squats da wrong way bo! Da bar sposed to be onya back!"

riiigght
                          now that is funny, i dont care who you are!

Comment

Originally posted by DShores
                            Then I started training at 24 hour fitness/ Family Fit and these things would happen allmost daily. What ever happened to gym etiquite?
                            When you sign your contract at 24 HR the first stipulation on the contract you must initial is:

__ I swear that I have zero gym etiquite and I will promise to never re-rack weights or wipe of what little sweat I leave on the equipment, and I promise if the a/c is not set at 62 degrees I will tell the management right away, I will also uphold the law of the gym to never weigh over 175 and will always wear a wife beater to show what I do not have as my physique. I will also go to a trainer who I look better than him and ask for the improper way to use this piece of equipment.
                            (Any one of these rules not followed according to the management, will result in termination of your contract and your $475.00 initiation fee will not be refunded)

Thank you
                            Rocky-acting wannabe manager...
                            Last edited by In-Human; 11-16-2004, 10:45 AM.
                            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

HAHAHAHA. I signed that contract too! Couple more " I promise that I will ask the biggest guy in gym, "How many more sets do you have" right in the middle if his heaviest set of squats.

Also, that squat rack looking thing is really only for endless sets of easy barbell curls

Comment

Working...
                              X