fitness guy needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitness guy needs help

I've been lifting for over 10 years now and never cared that much about gaining weight/muscles. It was more a fitness thing to me.

At age 33 my weight is now 75kg (about 165lb I think) at 1.8m and I'd like to pack on some more (20-30lb). I found several posts in this forum that dc style training is not for beginners, but what exactly is meant by "beginner" ?

Would you guys suggest to start training dc style with my experience or better try some other technique ? If yes, what ?

Thanx a lot

Originally posted by onedollar
    I've been lifting for over 10 years now and never cared that much about gaining weight/muscles. It was more a fitness thing to me.

At age 33 my weight is now 75kg (about 165lb I think) at 1.8m and I'd like to pack on some more (20-30lb). I found several posts in this forum that dc style training is not for beginners, but what exactly is meant by "beginner" ?

Would you guys suggest to start training dc style with my experience or better try some other technique ? If yes, what ?

Thanx a lot
    It's Beaker!
    What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

To us, a beginner is someone that doesn't truly know their own body yet and has not experimented with enough programs and training styles to assess what works for them. This training program is generally geared towards more advanced guys that have a few years under their belts and atleast have an idea of how their bodies respond to certain stimuli.

Comment

This program is for trainees who have been training for many years and have come to a point in their training where there are stuck with their gains and feel they can go no farther, I have seen most trainees with at least 10 years experience are very good candidates for this program...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I'd also recommend getting out of the fitness mindset. This is a very intense program and you can't be afraid to stuff down the food and possibly say goodbye to your abs. Now I am not saying you are an egotistical fitness guy, but this is just a disclaimer. Plese read everything you can about the program, there is nothing worse than someone cluster fucking the program and then going around saying that DC doesn't work. It's hard to learn at first, but after you do your research and get into the gym a few times it's second nature damn near. If you can afford it and if he accepts you, hire Dante himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJ
            It's Beaker!

I miss Beaker and the Swedish Chef and Animal! Oh yeah, and the two guys in the audience! hahaha

You CAN keep abs but you'll have to be strict with your carb cutoff and your cardio. But it is possible for sure!!

p.s., don't let them scare you off. This is a great protocol!

jim
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

DC training is awsome for fitness and figure maintainence as well as flexability and agility. I know 3 Pro figure skaters , 2 ballroom dancers and
              Las Vegas showgirl that swear by it.

Randy says it keeps him in top shape for his nightly performances at the club too.

Its reminds me of Ty-Bo , but with wieghts
              SweatMachine
              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                DC training is awsome for fitness and figure maintainence as well as flexability and agility. I know 3 Pro figure skaters , 2 ballroom dancers and

Randy says it keeps him in top shape for his nightly performances at the club too.

Its reminds me of Ty-Bo , but with wieghts
                Good old billy blank, what the hell ever happened to him and his ty-bo system,
                Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

you guys forgot about bunsen,,, that green looking dude with no eyes and glasses that kicked it with beaker..
                  "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

here he is in all his glory
                    "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Lol
                      SweatMachine

Comment

Originally posted by mobsta
                        you guys forgot about bunsen,,, that green looking dude with no eyes and glasses that kicked it with beaker..
                        Bunsen was cool, but beaker ruled. All the dam thing said was "Meep, meep" and he got blown up all the time.

What about Fonzie, Rowlf, Scooter, Gonzo (thing boned chickens), Rizzo the Rat, that crawfish thing, Sam the Eagle, Space Pigs, Crazy hippie chick with eyebrows for eyes, Saxophone Guy, and Dr. Teeth (the pimp looking dude). Damn the muppets ruled!
                        What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                          I'd also recommend getting out of the fitness mindset. This is a very intense program and you can't be afraid to stuff down the food and possibly say goodbye to your abs. Now I am not saying you are an egotistical fitness guy, but this is just a disclaimer. Plese read everything you can about the program, there is nothing worse than someone cluster fucking the program and then going around saying that DC doesn't work. It's hard to learn at first, but after you do your research and get into the gym a few times it's second nature damn near. If you can afford it and if he accepts you, hire Dante himself.
                          My abs have never been the way I wanted them *lol*. I doubt Dante would accept me, he seems to be more interested in making beasts ;-)

But that is not exactly what I want. Putting on some 20 or 30lbs would be enough to me.

I went through a lot of the DC related stuff and the "pennies" thread already, but I haven't experimented with any programs or styles so far.

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                          A show girl stuffing down that much food ? ...wow

So what do you suggest about the cardio ? How many times at least ?

Comment

to stay in good shape 20 minutes of cardio 3 times per week -first thing in the a.m. should do.
                            SweatMachine

Comment

Working...
                            X