Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glutamine

Hi

Was just wondering what kind of glutamine you all are using ?

L-Glutamine or Glutamin Peptide ?

And what are the dosages / time of the day when you take it?

Thanks

If you are getting it mixed or mixing with a shake, use the peptides as they are rather poor tasting byt themselves.
    I just use the L-glutamine, because it can be bought down around $30/kilo and I use 4-6 scoops per day.
    try not to add TOO much to one shake, spread it out, because it WILL affect the flavor and make it slightly chalky if you try to use more than 1-2 scoops at a time.
    Lift big 2 get big
    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
    mod at bodybuilding.com
    mod at iron-forum.com
    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

hmm.. I was more thinking about benefits of using Peptide vs regular L-glutamine.
      I've read a couple off articles stating that regular L-glutamine doesent get to the bloodstream in the same manner as Peptides..
      But then again some have total different oppinions ..

Comment

the negligible difference vs taste vs cost, leans me to the L-glutamine
        Lift big 2 get big
        TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
        mod at bodybuilding.com
        mod at iron-forum.com
        mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
        So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
        "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
        Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

They both taste like crap IMHO, but I'd stick with the peptides unless you can take your glutamine seperate from your protein intake.
          Cliche 'Everyone wants to be big, but no one wants to lift heavy weight'.

Comment

i will say one thing, peptide is some nasty shit if you take it by itself. in a shake you barely taste it though

Comment

I dont care about the taste.. I just want the best thing for muscle growth/recovery..
              And Im slightly confused what to buy .. L-Glutamine/Peptide.....

Would have bin great if Dante could give his oppinion on this.

Comment

I remember from some older post that some people didn't notice any difference on L-glutamine (increased recovery f.ex.), but they noticed a difference using glutamine peptides,....... so I'd go with the peptides,...... personally I'we not noticed any difference using L-glutamine (~20g a day) but I haven't tested glutamine peptides yet so we'll see if they will make any difference.
                each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by ctgblue
                  I just use the L-glutamine, because it can be bought down around $30/kilo and I use 4-6 scoops per day.
                  How big is a scoop? I've been taking 4-6 tablespoons a day of L-glutamine.

Comment

Originally posted by jediclampet
                    How big is a scoop? I've been taking 4-6 tablespoons a day of L-glutamine.
                    tablespoons,..... are you crazy,..... isn't a teaspoon 5g of L-glutamine (at least 2 teaspoons are said 10g on an old AST L-glutamine I own).
                    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

4 tablespoons of glutamine a day is not an unreasonable amount

60grams/day
                      Massive G
                      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
                        tablespoons,..... are you crazy,..... isn't a teaspoon 5g of L-glutamine (at least 2 teaspoons are said 10g on an old AST L-glutamine I own).
                        To answer your question, yes, I am crazy.

Comment

none, i stopped wasting my $$ on it a long time ago. if anything it's a placebo effect. all the great results are from people in near-death situations....e.g., burn victims, so then companies market that, forgetting to tell people the circumstances results were derived from; no actual documented effects on healthy athletes.

Comment

Opinions vary.I know what glutamine does for me and I feel very different when I don't take it
                            Massive G
                            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                              Opinions vary.I know what glutamine does for me and I feel very different when I don't take it
                              Do you take L-glutamine or peptides?

Comment

Working...
                              X