anyone have trouble progressing on RG Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have trouble progressing on RG Bench

This is the first time I have come around to reverse grip benchpress on the smith and I could not get improve, got the same 11RP as last time with the same weight. On every other exercise I have improved quiet a bit, so this really bugs me. It could be because my shoulder was killing me after the smith shoulder presses. It just bugs me because of the fact that triceps are usually my strong point, especially coming from a powerlifting background, and that is the only exercise I did not improve.

shit happens, don't worry, maybe you didn't rest enough and your shoulder/chest/tricep were tired after the other exercises?,......... if you think this was just a bad day then you can give the exercise one more chance, but if not then change it up and you'll get to it later and beat it.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Taking account that im sure you did the shoulder stretch. i would suggest giving it another go and taking a longer break before youre work set. How many warmup sets did you do maybe youre killing yourself with those.

Comment

make sure your ass hangs off the end of the bench so it keeps your chest high and shoulders back and widen your grip
        IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

What I used to do (back when I did Chest.Delts.Triceps and Back in the same DC workout) was I'd do chest and delts first.Then I'd hit back next to give my triceps a break from all the presses.After two back exercises my triceps would have recovered enough for me to hit them 100%
          Massive G
          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

thakns a lot guys. FH, that's a great idea, I'll prolly try that next time around, as my triceps were definitely fried after my shoulder and chest workout. Thakns Dante, I'll have to remember that next time around. Still getting used to using a smith machine, in powerlifting it was considered taboo.

Comment

Make sure that your form is good. You should only be supporting the bar enough to keep it from falling on you, all the rest of the power to press is coming from triceps.

Comment

Try chest/tri/shoulder this may give you the break you need, and stretch in between your exercises, you can save them up and do them once you are finished with all three sets, but in between gives you a resting time somewhat...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I usualy have about a 3-5 minute rest inbetween my exercises/stretches and that goes well for me. I dont feel fatuiged one bit....
                  TRAIN
                  EAT
                  SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

by only supporting the bar enough I suppose you mean by gripping it with only the index and middle finger completely around it. Thanks for the tip,. The way I was doing it, the muscles in my middle to upper back feel like they're going to rip apart for some reason, that prolly has to do with Dante's advice of keeping my butt on the bench. I'll definitely try to switch it up, perhaps with IH's recommendation or FH, as once my shoulders take a beating, I'm spent.

Comment

Originally posted by wguitarg
                      by only supporting the bar enough I suppose you mean by gripping it with only the index and middle finger completely around it. Thanks for the tip,. The way I was doing it, the muscles in my middle to upper back feel like they're going to rip apart for some reason, that prolly has to do with Dante's advice of keeping my butt on the bench. I'll definitely try to switch it up, perhaps with IH's recommendation or FH, as once my shoulders take a beating, I'm spent.
                      you mean, "but OFF the bench!"
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                        make sure your ass hangs off the end of the bench so it keeps your chest high and shoulders back and widen your grip

Wait a minute, am I reading this wrong? Do you mean lie perpendicular on the bench, like Arnold does pullovers in the encyclopedia of bodybuilding? Or do you lay like a regular bench press, but just arch up so your ass if off the bench?
                        "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

no LH you read it right.. but its not perpendicular or any arching as you typed,, your back is on the bench but your ass is off the bench and you'll push with your pelvic if you need assistance,, i think i explained it right..
                          "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Originally posted by LHDan
                            Wait a minute, am I reading this wrong? Do you mean lie perpendicular on the bench, like Arnold does pullovers in the encyclopedia of bodybuilding? Or do you lay like a regular bench press, but just arch up so your ass if off the bench?
                            just slide your ass off the bench so it's like a very slight incline.
                            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Upper and lower back on the bench only, ass hanging off and I lift my Pelvic up just a bit so I can help pin my shoulders against the pad...
                              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Working...
                              X