No announcement yet.

Started DC and have ? about stretching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started DC and have ? about stretching.

Should I try to do different stretches between chest exercises.
    For example: Workout 1 for chest I'll do Flat Bench Press and for my stretch I'll do flat DB Fly Stretch. Workout 3 for chest I'll do Inc. DB press, and for my stretch, Inc. fly stretch or can I just keep the same stretch for my three chest workout.

Regards,
    Paul

Most keep the same stretch no matter what incline of the movement. We don't really do flat bench, though.

Comment

Ok just read what i wrote and it's misleading. We keep doing the same level of incline stretch (as in flat DB flye stretch) for all inclines of bench (decline, incline bench). I hope that cleared it up a little bit. So no matter if you do decline or incline bench, most of us do flat db fly stretch. We don't adjust the incline of the stretch to match the incline of the movement we just did. Or atleast I don't, and most people on here don't.

Comment

Allen, what the hell are you talking about?
        Massive G
        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

You know, I could have just said most of us do the flat bench fly

Comment

This is what i do. Lets say it's incline db press day, i would do a inclince db fly stretch. For my decline smith, i do flat stretch and that goes the same for hammer strength machine press.
            TRAIN
            EAT
            SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I don't really think it matters a whole lot. I've always used flat bench flyes for my stretch no matter what the incline of my exercise was. I hope Dante can chime in, but from what I understand he only does flat bench flyes for the stretch too.

Like I said though, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. My personal thoughts were " Since we are hitting different muscle striations when doing different exercises, then we would do different streches to enhance those striations". Ok then, I won't worry about different stretches.

Regards,
                Paul

Comment

So no matter if you do decline or incline bench, most of us do flat db fly stretch.
                  excactly Allen,..... I would however do other chest stretches if they were more intence but the flat db fly is the most intense for me so I alway's do that one.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Working...
                  X