Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions after 1 week

Hey,
    I have a couple of questions resulting from my first DC (rocks!) workouts and some posts I read:

1.) On LegPresses, Squats etc. a 4-8 Repper and then the 20 Repper - is that in general for legs (so hams + calves as well? Also, same for lower back such as deadlifts?
    2.) A good stretching for Backdepth+ triceps (pics if possible) ?
    3.) Is it usual to be some reps over 20 on the first workouts? On some exercises I really seem to have that range 12-20 but on some I could easily do more....I´ll go up with weight then, I guess?
    4.) Why soooooo much protein? Its not affortable in any way to eat 400grams of protein a day...is it really needed (I´m not using gear, glutamin is only supplement except prot powder)

Thanks
    You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Originally posted by Number6
    Hey,
    I have a couple of questions resulting from my first DC (rocks!) workouts and some posts I read:

1.) On LegPresses, Squats etc. a 4-8 Repper and then the 20 Repper - is that in general for legs (so hams + calves as well? Also, same for lower back such as deadlifts?
    2.) A good stretching for Backdepth+ triceps (pics if possible) ?
    3.) Is it usual to be some reps over 20 on the first workouts? On some exercises I really seem to have that range 12-20 but on some I could easily do more....I´ll go up with weight then, I guess?
    4.) Why soooooo much protein? Its not affortable in any way to eat 400grams of protein a day...is it really needed (I´m not using gear, glutamin is only supplement except prot powder)

Thanks
    1. Just for quads. With squats you 20 rep on the smith.
    2. I like pulling on a handle with a rounded back. Overhead tricep extension with a dumbell only let it hang and stretch.
    3. You dont always have to aim for the exact reps, aim to keep increasing, reps or weight. so say u want to keep it in 20 reps, bring the weight up so that ur reps drop a bit, or maybe u'll be able to increase weight an keep the reps the same.
    4. do you want to grow?

Comment

1-3: Thx
      4: Yes, but clean...I just want an answer WHY so much protein is needed =)

N6
      You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Comment

Because protein makes you grow. 400g isn't alot and it's not that expensive.

Comment

Oh well dude, it would cost me like 7$ a day of proteinpowder which KIND Of too high

DAG447

Comment

use different sources than protein powder. Eat whole eggs,steak,hamburger etc. This is still one of my biggest problems in this program. I thought I ate alot in the past now though I am trying to shovel more and more food in. It is not expensive I think I maybe spend 70 a week on food and that usually last for a week and a half. You need to re read everything Dante wrote about read paying your dues read cycle for pennies do a search and look at some old post about saving money on food. Do your homework make a plan and stick to it. If you want to be a mens health pretty boy eat like a bird if you want to look like a freak you need to eat like a freak. The only people in this world who can look like freaks and eat nothing are genetic freaks of nature and our as common as michel jordan. So read old posts and stickys eat as much food as you can and get a job and make some money to pay for the food. I am just rolling right now sorry for the rant.

Comment

Dude, if you're paying 7.00 a day for protein powder to get taht much protein you need a new powder. Check out trueprotein.com. The most economical whey to get is the whey protein concentrate, $3.99 a pound. A serving is about 25g protein, there are 15 servings in a pound. You do the math, that's very cheap. The more you buy, the more you save per pound. Let me give you a breakdown of my protein intake for a day and how much it'll cost me:

I am eating primarily chicken right now as I can't afford very lean beef (I'm cutting). You can find chicken breast for $1.00 a pound if you look hard enough. A pound gives you 100g protein. Say you eat 3lbs of chicken in a day, that's $3.00 and 300g protein. Post workout, you have 100g whey. This is a very rough estimate, say a 100g shake costs $1.00. That's $4.00 for your daily protein intake. Now that's only protein, you still need to take into account things like carbs and fats, but those things are alot less expensive than protein. Brown rice, fruits, green veggies, red potatoes, oatmeal etc., all very inexpensive.

Comment

Hey,
                well I´m on LowCarb and you gotta think of different costs in Germany, where I live. I just checked ebay and the best deal I could find was 4$ a lb which seems good to me since that is cheaper than shippin to Germany from trueprotein =)
                I think I´ll try to stick to 200-300 g and see how it works. I´ll start carb cycling after new year as well and see how that works.

Thx for answer

N6

DAG447

Comment

Hey,
                  well I´m on LowCarb and you gotta think of different costs in Germany, where I live. I just checked ebay and the best deal I could find was 4$ a lb which seems good to me since that is cheaper than shippin to Germany from trueprotein =)
                  I think I´ll try to stick to 200-300 g and see how it works. I´ll start carb cycling after new year as well and see how that works.

Thx for answer

N6

$4 a pound IS what tp charges for wpc, so yeah thats pretty good

Comment

Hey,
                    food is expensive as well...I just wanted to show how much it would be for protein shakes and I doubt that real food will be cheaper.

DAG447

Comment

Hey,
                      food is expensive as well...I just wanted to show how much it would be for protein shakes and I doubt that real food will be cheaper.

400g of protein with clean food will be waaaay more than just 7 bucks......
                      Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

See? That guy lives in Germany as well.....and I can not have my parents pay for over 400grams or protein a day...and it's not as easy to get a job in G. as it would be in the US...over 4 Million people out of 80 looking for a job.....

N6

DAG447

Comment

I am right now speaking with someone over seas, he pays $3.50 for 2 chicken legs, so yes we are lucky we live in the US and pay what we do...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

$3.50 for two? Ouch. I just bought 10 for that price and it probably wasn't the best deal. I'm counting my blessings right now

Comment

Hey,
                              sad reality =/
                              Hey, before I forget, 2 more questions...

1.) Instead of Rackchins, may I do Chin Ups on a machine that uses counterweights (so I can stop at every point...)
                              2.) For people without gear/juice, is a 3 Split more recommened?

N6

DAG447

Comment

Working...
                              X