Is DC for me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DC for me ?

My current goals are not to pack on 50lb in a year.... In fact i would like to drop my body weight back about 10lb. or atleast appear as i did when i was 10 lb lighter. I was looking at an old pic and I looked better at that weight , face was thinner looking.

I am currently 27years old , 6'2 200lb about 13-15%. I am a somewhat of a cross between an ectomorph and a meso.... leaning much more to the ecto side. My natural weight is somewhere near 185. I have 7 + dedicated years of training.

I recently switched over to the DC method because my old style had become stale. and I really like the challange of beating the log book. I am using the m,t,th,f approach which allows me to get in and out as well as some extra time for cardio.

Just curious how the DC method works for people in my boat who are more trying to maintain or lean down. Am i wasting my time if im not planning on taking in the huge cals and protine ? So far i am getting pretty consistant soreness after each work out. Does anyone else out there use DC in the same way ?

Originally posted by lxorl
    Does anyone else out there use DC in the same way ?
    Doubt it, pretty much everyone on here is just trying to get as big as possible in the shortest amount of time. That's what the program was designed for.

Comment

IMO effective resistance training is effective resistance training.Your diet/caloric intake is going to have more bearing on your bodyweight/bodyfat levels much the same as folks who train DC style precontest.
      Also,even when dieting protein intake remains very high
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

yeah... what FH said.

and who said anything about huge cals?
        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by MsteveM
          yeah... what FH said.

and who said anything about huge cals?
          True. You have to eat big to get big, but people get the idea that on this program you just throw down ridiculous amounts of calories. The calories you'll end up using will probably be pretty huge (to keep gainig muscle), but huge calories right off the bat for no apparent reason = fatassdom.

Comment

i was under the impression that people bulked around 400+ G of protine and upward of 4-5K cals per day ? which is way above what i normally take in.

my main reason for going with the DC method is for a change of pace. It would be nice to still make some gains and break through my current plateau... but my goal isnt to put on 50lb.

I would think the change of lifting styles .... and lifting heavier w/ rp would shock my body and still be a productive method of lifting .... even if i am not following the plan 100%.

Comment

you can do DC and adjust your diet towards your goals.

try following it and if you find you are gaining too much muscle and dont like it (rarely happens) adjust your calories accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by lxorl
                ... but my goal isnt to put on 50lb.

LOL....good one.I hate it when that happens. I'd worry about putting on 5lbs of muscle first
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                  LOL....good one.I hate it when that happens. I'd worry about putting on 5lbs of muscle first
                  Speaking of which, I gotta go eat. Excuse me while I go turn into Dorian Yates...

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                    Speaking of which, I gotta go eat. Excuse me while I go turn into Dorian Yates...
                    Don't eat too much OK....
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

But it tastes good

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                        LOL, yeah, that sucks when that happens.

We're giving you a hard time but seriously we only count protein grams, we let cardio and carb cutoffs take care of the BF.

jim
                        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                        Good luck
                        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

well i have been doing the carb cut off on my own for years....

Comment

maybe the questionis "ARE YOU FOR DC?"
                            SweatMachine
                            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

You need to ask yourself a couple questions.

Am I wishywashy, or do I have my mind made up? (an old problem of mine)

Do I want to be a monster?

Can I listen to someone 100% once they've interpreted my feedback?

Is bodybuilding a big enough aspect of my life that I can dedicate time into it?

Can I eat until I want to puke, and eat when I don't want to eat? (huge factor)

Do I have the balls to take this all the way?

If your answer to any of the above is apprehensive, or no, then either acknowledge that you'll never be something special in BBing, or you need a new 'hobby'.

If you answer yes to all of these, then email Dante and talk to him, see if he likes you and is willing to work with you. He's really not that hard to please, just do everything he says or you won't wake up the next morning.
                              Cliche 'Everyone wants to be big, but no one wants to lift heavy weight'.

Comment

Working...
                              X