triceps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triceps

what exercizes are you guys doing for triceps? it seems like nearly all movements puts too much pressure on my lower tris where they meet the elbow

about the only one that doesnt are close-grip presses and pressdowns without a full range of motion; which ones are you using?

Again, maybe more warmups are needed. Wraps, pads, some kind of protection.

We do closegrips, reversegrips, dips, skulls, overheads, inclines, etc.
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

overheads and skulls i really feel pressure on, dips are ok sometimes, maybe ill try wrapping... nothing to do with warmups

Comment

overheads? Inclines? huh? Are you talking about extensions?

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
          overheads? Inclines? huh? Are you talking about extensions?
          Here's a quote:

"I said this in the other thread and I will say it here------I honestly dont care what exercises you guys pick--even tricep pushdowns or shit heavy concentration curls--if you bust your ass on them and use them hardcore heavy and progressively. There are many exercises you can turn into "training like a freaking Angus Bull" style if you put your mind to it. I dont want to see people doing dumbell kickbacks or one arm reverse cable tricep pushdowns with this--you always want to use something you can really push the limits on progressively--on a tricep pushdown you can go from hypotheticall 75 to 150 over time with it so if someone felt strongly about it--I have no huge problem with it. If Allen feels 2 hand seated dumbell tricep extensions behind the head rest paused for 20-30rp get it done for him--I trust in Allen that he knows it works for him as he has the gist of this already-If Inhuman wants to do really heavy bent arm chest flyes for 15-20rp because he just feels its a good exercise for him I got no problem with it-and that goes for any of my trainees----I want you guys to feel your way thru all this and pick and choose what exercises work best for you rest paused--you know alot of them that I like but hell if seated cable rows for 12-20rp feel like it destroys your back--be my guest (BUT IF I HEAR OR SEE ANY OF YOU DOING ANKLE KICKBACKS FROM A LOW PULLEY ATTACHEMENT WITH A FUZZY ANKLE BRACELET ON FOR HAMSTRINGS DC STYLE--IM GOING TO BUST YOUR ASS ON IT IN AN OPEN FORUM)"

It may not be someone's first choice but who knows
          jim
          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
          Good luck
          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

theres always incline skulls, or overhead straight bar extensions as well.

Comment

Arn't the dips, really uncomfourtable? I was thinking of doing them again buy all those plates on my lap was just not cool.

Havn't tried them DC style, but 4+ plates on your lap is really awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                Assuming your warm-up are up to par, try rubbing a little bit of menthol in that area (ben-gay, icy hot will do) . I am currently doing Dips, reverse grip bench and close grip.
                yeah i could do each of those three, maybe ill add in the reverse grip bench, was just having trouble finding a 3rd exercize that didnt feel like i was going to injure myself

Comment

Originally posted by TheManGuy
                  Arn't the dips, really uncomfourtable? I was thinking of doing them again buy all those plates on my lap was just not cool.

Havn't tried them DC style, but 4+ plates on your lap is really awkward.
                  On your lap? Pretty sure everybody here is doing them on a dip bar, not between two benches.

Comment

Originally posted by AssItch
                    On your lap? Pretty sure everybody here is doing them on a dip bar, not between two benches.
                    We mainly do them on the dip bars yeah, but machines or behind the back could work too. Remember, as long as we are progressive about them, it should be okay.
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

i like weighted dips and reverse grip bench
                      -----------------------------------
                      TrueProtein.com
                      Discount Code: grm229
                      ------------------------------------