Nagging Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagging Shoulder

I've had a nagging left shoulder for a long time now...not enough to stop lifting, just an annoyance. Normally after blasting for 6-8 weeks it needs a break and, following the cruise, is completely pain free and ready to blast again. I just finished up my current blast yesterday, and today its a little more aggravated than normal. The pain is virtually non-existent until I do anything that requires my arm to break the plane of my shoulders (i.e. raising my arm to the front). Pulling the arm back or raising to the side causes no aggravation. Anyone experience similar problems? I currently take 1500 mg glucosamine and 1200 mg chondroiton per day and have been icing the shoudler. Normally the cruise cures the pain but I'm thinking maybe I should take some time off this time. What do you fellow injuring suffering bros advise?

Originally posted by BenGrowing
    I've had a nagging left shoulder for a long time now...not enough to stop lifting, just an annoyance. Normally after blasting for 6-8 weeks it needs a break and, following the cruise, is completely pain free and ready to blast again. I just finished up my current blast yesterday, and today its a little more aggravated than normal. The pain is virtually non-existent until I do anything that requires my arm to break the plane of my shoulders (i.e. raising my arm to the front). Pulling the arm back or raising to the side causes no aggravation. Anyone experience similar problems? I currently take 1500 mg glucosamine and 1200 mg chondroiton per day and have been icing the shoudler. Normally the cruise cures the pain but I'm thinking maybe I should take some time off this time. What do you fellow injuring suffering bros advise?
    If the shoulder doesn't seem to be healing properly you may want to get it checked out. I had to go to physical therapy for my back and they showed me some great stretches which help. They will tell you what to do to speed the healing.

good luck ben
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Could it be a rotator cuff problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Benj
        Could it be a rotator cuff problem?
        Not sure...straight overhead movements don't aggravate it, although it does act up a little after chins.

Comment

shoulders are a bitch to heal. i would get it checked out cause maybe a little break to do pysiotherapy or surgery if its really bad could mean the end of shoulder problems for ever instead of a reacuring pain.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I plan on skipping a few workouts then continuing on with a cruise. If it isn't better by then, I'm definitely going to go see a professional. I've looked into the shoulder horn before...think it would be a wise investment? Here's a link....
            http://powerliftingsuperstore.com/accessories.asp

Its the 8th item down the page.

Comment

sounds like an AC joint Bro- been there.
              dont do barbell behind the neck presses, barbell bench or front dumbell raises. be carefull of behinfd the neck pulldones to

get some blood flowing to the joint, I like a ES machine and DMSO.

this has worked for me for years.
              SweatMachine
              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

I don't do front dumbell raises, but this is exactly the plane of movement that causes the most pain...especially as my arm reaches parallel to the ground. Forgot about DMSO...I'm definitely gonna pick some of that up. When dealing with your injury, were you forced to take some time off from lifting? Thanks SM.

Comment

actually I had been going to a chiropractor or a few mponths, it helped. But when I got the flu and was in bed for a week--thats what really help me, that and avoiding ANYTHING that would hurt my shoulder for a while.
                  SweatMachine
                  (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...
                  X