X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive G
    replied
    Originally posted by ahnold99
    Thanks for all the help. Point well taken on the rest during the RP sets. Does the 8/4 that you suggest for deadlifts also go for squats (seems like it should)?

Some people do it that way for squats too.....I feel that most folks get more out of doing a heavy 8 repper then a lighter set of 20 unless quads are one of your best bodyparts then it probably doesn't matter which you do...LOL

My quads have always been by far my best bodypart and I'll decide whether Im gonna go with a 4 repper or a 20 repper after I do my set of 8.....Deciding factors are --how my joints feel that day,where my energy level is at and honestly....what I feel like doing....LOL

Leave a comment:

• Massive G
    replied
    Thanks for all the help. Point well taken on the rest during the RP sets. Does the 8/4 that you suggest for deadlifts also go for squats (seems like it should)?

Post workout has to be eaten in the car on the way to work...so I do it as a shake. What kind of complex carbs can I add to the shake. OK..newbie question, I see some people put oatmeal into the shakes, how much can you get into a shake before it gets too thick to drink.
    what I do when Im in a hurry is my PWO shake and a banana sandwich on whole wheat bread....

Leave a comment:

• ahnold99
    replied

Looks OK....Throw a complex carb in with your post-workout meal (oatmeal,whole wheat bread,pasta etc...) so that your blood sugar doesnt crash after that dextrose/malto hits
    Post workout has to be eaten in the car on the way to work...so I do it as a shake. What kind of complex carbs can I add to the shake. OK..newbie question, I see some people put oatmeal into the shakes, how much can you get into a shake before it gets too thick to drink.

Leave a comment:

• Massive G
    replied
    Today was my first day doing a full work out DC style. Workout looked like this:

Chest - incline smith RP
    Shoulders - smith seated front military RP
    Triceps - close grip RP
    Back width - rack chins RP
    Back thickness - sumo deadlifts 6 rep heavy + 20 rep a little lighter .
    Looks pretty good.Personally I'd change the deadlift reps to 8 and then 4...Hard to keep your form for a set of 20 IMO

All the RP exercises were done as set of RP, rest for half min, more RP, rest for half min, and then more RP (yeah, like 1 rep). .
    A little bit long on the rest peroids.We go with 12-15 deep breaths in between rest pause sets which comes out to (for most people) 20-25 seconds

Workout is at 5:30 am. Preworkout ate some steak, shredded wheat, and protein shake (40 g whey + 50 g maltodextrin) eaten in that order. Post workout shake is 50 g whey, 50 g maltodextrin (waiting for my dextrose to come in) in glass of skim milk..
    Looks OK....Throw a complex carb in with your post-workout meal (oatmeal,whole wheat bread,pasta etc...) so that your blood sugar doesnt crash after that dextrose/malto hits

Does this look right? The second tricep exercise I'll do will be reverse grip bench. Any suggestions for a third; I can't do skull crushers (give me tendonitis). What do you drink during your workout; I felt like I needed something other than just water?
    Thanks.
    I'll go with gatorade or powerade either right before or during my workouts

Leave a comment:

• USMuscle9403
    replied
    Please re-read the rest pausing, that's not how we do it. We take a 15 deep breath brake between the mini sets, not a 30 second break.

Leave a comment:

• rackitup
    replied
    not sure about doing higher reps for sumo deads, thought u did set of 8 then heavier ball busting set of 4

Leave a comment:

• phatkid77
    replied
    pinnwheel curls (crossbody hammer curls?) work well

Leave a comment:

• ahnold99
    replied
    Yes I did (or attempted) the extreme stretching. Extreme is a good word for them. Dips sound like a good possibility for a third tricep exercise. How about suggestions for forearm exercises; left elbow gets tendonitis very easily, so reverse curls are out.

Leave a comment:

• phatkid77
    replied
    i know nothing, but i thought the rest was 20 secondish, also did you extreme stretch.......that is INTENSE!

i believe postworkout shoud b 2x carbs to protein
    dips for possible third excercise??

phats

Leave a comment:

• ahnold99
    started a topic Jumpin In

Jumpin In

Today was my first day doing a full work out DC style. Workout looked like this:

Chest - incline smith RP
    Shoulders - smith seated front military RP
    Triceps - close grip RP
    Back width - rack chins RP
    Back thickness - sumo deadlifts 6 rep heavy + 20 rep a little lighter

All the RP exercises were done as set of RP, rest for half min, more RP, rest for half min, and then more RP (yeah, like 1 rep). Workout was absolutely brutal and very humbling on amount of weight lifted.

Workout is at 5:30 am. Preworkout ate some steak, shredded wheat, and protein shake (40 g whey + 50 g maltodextrin) eaten in that order. Post workout shake is 50 g whey, 50 g maltodextrin (waiting for my dextrose to come in) in glass of skim milk.

Does this look right? The second tricep exercise I'll do will be reverse grip bench. Any suggestions for a third; I can't do skull crushers (give me tendonitis). What do you drink during your workout; I felt like I needed something other than just water?
    Thanks.
Working...
X