Forearm Pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearm Pain?

It's nothing new for me to expierience a sharp pain running down the outside of forearms after bicep training. But now, it feels almost like stress fractures in both arms even on my off days. Pushing open doors sends the same feeling now. Anyone expirerienced this? Tendonitis or something?

you have tennis elbow--and i bet its from preacher curls

its a poor area for blood circulation so put a menthol rub on there at nite (to quicken repair)
    @dante_trudel

Comment

Thanks for the quick response DC. It did seem worse after incline db curls.... This is the first problem I've had while on the program(3mos). i have gained almost 40lbs of bodyweight. Granted that is post contest, but still my heaviest to date.

Comment

Trust me, you will probably suffer with this for quite a while. There are a few movements that I can't do having tennis elbow. Skullcrushers will leave me in agony later on that night so that's out, and preacher curls are definitely a big culprit. Seems like it's anything that puts the elbows through an unnatural range of motion (elbows on the pad when doing curls, arms overhead and doing extensions) aggravate the condition. I have to wear elbow sleeves during any pressing movement, you may want to invest in a pair.

Comment

I have the same problem, not as worse as yours though. Any bicep exercises you guys can recommend for people with this problem? I can't even do EZ Bar Curls, forearms hurt too much, and there is a very painful stinging that happens when I let go of the weight.

Comment

I wouldn't work it until it heals, first of all. Secondly, if it doesn't seem to heal after some time then I'd get it looked at. If the pain does get better and seems like it's healing, then I'd get some neoprened sleeves or wraps or pads and start trying to do much more warming up and not go as high as previously and see if that helps.

good luck
            jim
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
              Trust me, you will probably suffer with this for quite a while. .
              :iagree: you're going to be in incredibly unbearable pain then your arms will fall off and you will die.
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                I wouldn't work it until it heals, first of all. Secondly, if it doesn't seem to heal after some time then I'd get it looked at. If the pain does get better and seems like it's healing, then I'd get some neoprened sleeves or wraps or pads and start trying to do much more warming up and not go as high as previously and see if that helps.

good luck
                jim
                Yup, I ahve to warm up a little more and go higher reps but I'm still doing well. Can't be afraid to drop the weight a little, especially when it comes to working around injuries. I have plenty. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                  :iagree: you're going to be in incredibly unbearable pain then your arms will fall off and you will die.
                  that sucks when that happens
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

I just didn't wanna scare the guy, that's all. Just don't tell him about the necrosis before it actually falls off...

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                      Yes it does
                      Massive G
                      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                        I also do what DC suggested, put menthol rub in that area before bed, another thing you can do is put icy hot , ben-gay or some of that sort before lifting into the elbow area, I also use it for shoulders.
                        In additon to this liberally rub some Ben Gay into your testicles in the morning as an early AM 'pick-me-up'
                        Massive G
                        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                          In additon to this liberally rub some Ben Gay into your testicles in the morning as an early AM 'pick-me-up'

lol
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Had it for 8 months--the most lingering injury i ever had and the menthol rub and wrapping my elbows finally got rid of it when i tried that plan---another good thing is if you have sore knees--put the menthol rub on your knees before you go do legs at the gym
                            @dante_trudel

Comment

great thread. my forearms suffer from the same thing. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                              X