Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biceps overtraining?

Hey you guys,
    first of all HELLO from Germany and a new kid, that does doggcrap. I´ve had my first workout yesterday and my whole body hurts like :bat:
    I had a question coming up from the sore muscles I have today and the next workout which is tomorrow:

My biceps is still sore from back workout and tomorrow is real biceps workout - isnt that training going to overtrain my biceps? I mean, I believe in the theory in general but I can't think of biceps seperate from back...I´d really appreciate an answer.

N6

P.S.: Due to my homecountry, excuse mistakes in grammar and spelling.I also searched the board but I couldn't find anything like my question so I hope this doesn't bother you. :bat:
    You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

If you're eating enough, doing your extreme stretching, supplementing right etc, then about the only thing that I can think of is very poor recovery ability. Did you do rest pauses? If so, you may want to think about doing only straight sets for a while.

Comment

I think I´m eating enough, but I´m doing LowCarb, because that diet just fits best for me. But I use fast carbs after workout (like 80 g).I started taking glutamine (5 g before workout, 5 grams after, 10 before sleep) in order to help my body regenerate after those hard workouts. Also, do you really think, that 1-2 days sore muscles is a bad regeneration? I just want to be careful =) Excuse me
      You guys want to save 5% on TRUEPROTEIN.COM supplements + help me out to get some protein to grow? Then use MY discount code:

DAG447

at www.trueprotein.com - only highest quality supplements at "the rock bottom lowest price"! =)

Comment

First of all I think it's cool as hell more and more people from outside the US are getting into DC. And your English is fine.

Anyway it's possible that if you are new to the program and this style of training that it just may be hitting you very hard. Over time you will adjust. You will still be sore but it shouldnt negatively effect your future workouts.

I'd like to know exactly what you did for back. If you did one width exercise (RP) and one thickness exercise (straight) and your biceps are still sore I'm wondering what exercises you did and if your form was correct. Maybe you are stressing your biceps too much. For example I have seen some people turn bent over rows into bent over curls if you know what I mean.

Make sure that protein is sky high, too. And dont go too low on the carbs. Remember the good fats, too.

Willkommen zum Hundelbs!
        Through the best and the worst
        The struggle and sacrifice.
        For the true who've remained and the new blood.
        Motivation, undying allegiance
        Striving through the hardships and affliction.
        Every drop of blood
        Every bitter tear
        Every bead of sweat
        I live for this

Comment

Alrighty guys =) Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it =)

N6

P.s.: Am I a member of the doggpound dumbell club now?

EDIT:

I did wide grip chin ups on a counterweight machine for width and deadlifts with 3 straight sets with a good weight (I had to try out this time) without muscle failure. My back is sore as well.
          Last edited by Number6; 11-07-2004, 04:29 PM.

DAG447

Comment

Originally posted by Number6
            I think I´m eating enough, but I´m doing LowCarb, because that diet just fits best for me. But I use fast carbs after workout (like 80 g).I started taking glutamine (5 g before workout, 5 grams after, 10 before sleep) in order to help my body regenerate after those hard workouts. Also, do you really think, that 1-2 days sore muscles is a bad regeneration? I just want to be careful =) Excuse me
            You're doing a lot things right (high dosage glutamine,PWO carbs,high protein etc....) but I've found that a lot of trainees recover much slower on low carb diets.Especially for a training regiment as intense as DC training
            Massive G
            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

@FHuge: I am on a light-low-carb diet right now, that means that I eat about 80 grams for breakfast everyday + after workout carbs, which is ok for my low bodyweight (150 lbs).

DAG447

Comment

How sad people still believe in germany being Nazis. You never got to meet any of us, huh?

DAG447

Comment

Originally posted by Number6
                  @FHuge: I am on a light-low-carb diet right now, that means that I eat about 80 grams for breakfast everyday + after workout carbs, which is ok for my low bodyweight (150 lbs).
                  OK..got it...That sounds good to me.How about your total caloric intake bro?
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

LoL - a test?
                    Well, I was 35 lbs more last december with a BF of 40 (yes, FOURTY) percent which is now about 18% but I want to cut to about 12% (before anyone asks, caliper measured)..Just see how I look quite sharp....also, I like the lowcarb lifestyle. I might be doing carb cycling after new year..

DAG447

Comment

Number6, show us your schedule. Make sure that you are taking enough time off in between workouts. Never workout two days in a row unless you are "gifted" recoverywise.

If you feel a need to skip a workout day Dante (DC) tells us to take it off.

jim
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Known a lot of Germans....Theyre pretty cool by and large and all REALLY sick of the hitler jokes.....That was 60 years ago guys...Give them a break
                        Massive G
                        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

@Raul: You´re not even any close, but thats off topic, so stop it.
                          @Huge: I take about 2000 calories I guess....I usually eat when I´m hungry which is at least after 3 hours haha =) I have about 200 grams of protein a day + enough fat.

DAG447

Comment

Double your protein intake.
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

@Jim:

Monday: Day 1 as Dante says
                              Wednesday: Day 2
                              Saturday: Day 1.2
                              Monday: Day 2.2

and so on and on.

DAG447

Comment

Working...
                              X