NEed to get leaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEed to get leaner

Okay this is my 2nd blast phase and for some weird reason,I seem to be getting fatter.My first blast was pretty good,I gained 15lbs in 4 weeks and didn't get too fat,even without much cardio.But this time round,I don't understand why I seem to be getting fatter.

I'm just joined my college basketball team,so I'll be doing a lot of cardio.Basically I'm doing a tuesday/thursday/saturday split with mon/wed/fri doing intense cardio(basketball training).

During cardio/basketball training,I drink honey so as to replenish glycogen level.I know probably Gatorade or dextrose/malto would be better but like I've mentioned before I have a giant tub of honey left and I really want to finish using it.And i doubt me getting fatter is due to the honey because I only added the honey recently.Post cardio I usually down a 66-70g protein shake.

For gym,I do rest pause and statics and everything Dante says and I've been told I might have recovery problems due to my basketball training and stuff but so far my recovery has been okay.So far i have skipped 2 workouts though,as I wasn't feeling up to par and just decided I shouldn't push myself too hard.

Basically my question is : I am thinking of skipping red meat and sticking mainly to chicken breast for animal protein.I took a lot of beef initially and I found it made me gain fat.On my first blast I stuck mainly to pork,chicken and fish and i found that it was good.Is it really that much better to take beef than chicken? Also I'm thinking perhaps another reason I might be getting fatter could be due to me consuming slightly more carbs.Also,almost half of my protein intake comes from protein powder because I wasn't feeling too good lately and i have lost much of my appetite.It's slowly returning but sometimes due to convenience sake,I still mix my whey with milk and that's my protein intake right there.

How should I cut down a little and continue getting stronger and gaining muscle mass? Oh yeah,I've also been sticking to the carb cut off.So I really don't understand how come I'm gaining so much fat.My prom night is coming up and I really hope to look real good that night so guys,please help me.One last thing,i HAVE been beating the log book so I guess it's not so bad in this aspect.Oh and I don't understand why is it that in the mirror and based on feel,I seem to be getting fatter but my scalar weight remains the same.

if you're going to start practicing for basketball you're eventually going to have to start worrying about LOSING too much fat (or muscle i might guess, you have to have some great genetics to make gains and play a college sport at the same time), so i wouldnt even sweat it

Comment

the problem is...i have played basketball for ages...and i have never lost much fat for some weird reason...no matter how clean my diet is.Although I must admit that usually basketball season sometimes gets to me and i start off with clean diet and somewhere in the middle of the season i'll just let myself go and start eating not so clean.But I never seem to lose fat playing basketball,which is why i'm troubled.

Comment

anyway this time round,because i've made some gains off season,i intend to try and keep it and even try to gain more so i'm really keeping my protein intake high and still trying to adhere to the carb cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by terence
          anyway this time round,because i've made some gains off season,i intend to try and keep it and even try to gain more so i'm really keeping my protein intake high and still trying to adhere to the carb cut off.
          I know most people here just count protein, but maybe in your case -- at least for a while -- count everything. I'm sure there are things in your diet that can be removed and/or modified.

You are right about the beef though. There is a lot of fat in it compared to chicken and we know where that fat is going in our body...
          Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Wish I could help you with this Terence but I would have to go thru your diet with a fine tooth comb to throw you my comments and thats not fair to the people that I train
            @dante_trudel

Comment

Throw up your diet...I'll check it out for you

OK...let me rephase that....Put your diet up on the board....LOL
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

It may or may not be diet associated per se (meaning too much food/cals)...the increased activity and hence catabolism from the BBall could be a contributing factor and cutting calories even more with only hasten the cause. IMO.
                Keep the protein up.....
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Working...
                X