Food...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food...

I can't ever seem to find lean red meat at a decent price here in Az.

Anyone got any tips/tricks to help me out? I'm almost at the point I might just eat more chicken and not even buy red meat. It's that irritating.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'd hate to have to stock up on 120+ pounds of chicken breasts. :-p
    5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Since your in usa,im sure there are some online places you could order from. And dont get stuck in just chicken. believe me, im stuck there an its hell. So boring an plain.

Comment

here in uk lean mince is the cheapest option for red meat meat, cheaper than chicken breasts and only slightly more than chicken thighs etc!
      Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

Try Costco...always good deals on bulk meat!
        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

If you're wanting to save money on red meat you should first save up enough money to buy your meat in bulk at a place like Sam's or Costco. Buy a huge ribroll or sirloin butt. The ribroll you can cut up into steaks as thick or thin as you like. The sirloin butt you can purchase and have ground for you. Usually the store where you purchased the meat will grind it for you. Or you can buy your own meat grinder like FH did not too long ago.

Buying in bulk will save you money. Just be sure to have room in your freezer.

Oh yeah, also if you have a buddy who is a restaurant manager or grocery manager, depending on how friendly you are with them... (hee hee) You may be able to order your meat through them & get their meat prices which are much cheaper.

Hope this helps!
          Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

You can buy the ultimate lean meat online: Ostrich.

www.blackwing.com
            Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Khan, Are you going through the weekly free papers every week that come to the house?, most markets rotate their sales to bring in customers on a weekly basis, so look and read and talk to the damn butchers when stuff will come on sale, and go to the market just before the butcher is closing and he will be marking down meat, talk to him often and he will save you certain things to if you buy all the time...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

You could also start hunting and bring home your own red meat. I wouldn't recommend killing someone's cows, but elk, deer, etc. should be plentiful in your area. If you're opposed to hunting the Costco and Sam's ideas are the best way to go. I buy bulk chicken and beef from Sam's and save about half what I pay at the grocery store.

Comment

Hey man,

I started making a couple different foods from lean ground turkey a few years ago and I live off that stuff now. I eat it almost everyday and I'm still not sick of it. SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN CHICKEN!

My recipes are very plain, but that it how I like my food.

Sometimes I make turkey burgers just mixing some cilantro in with the meat patties. Cook it and throw it on top of some brown rice.

Or, my favorite: Toss the 1.5 lbs ground turkey breast in a big pan, mix with black beans, cilantro, green peppers, onions, and some mexican style seasoning. Looks and tastes just like ground beef. Toss it in a tortilla with some salsa and pound it.

Comment

I wouldn't know what to eat if I thought I had to dump red meat!!???

You gotta find a way! You have to!! lol
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

you could always get a loan and buy a herd of cattle :P

but seriously check out costco or a similar store that sells in large quantities in your area. and listen to IH on the butcher idea.

eru, thanks for that link --ostrich is flat out awesome.. leanest red meat i've ever met. yummy.
                      www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Alright. In-Human's butcher ideas with the butchers interest me. I shop at Costco but even then they're more expensive than boneless skinless chicken breast that come on sale.

Yes, I regularly check the papers.

A couple of my friends today mentioned a mexican carnesia (no idea if that is the right spelling) that sells good, lean red meat in bulk at a very cheap price. I plan on checking that out.

The sirloin butt idea is interesting.

I appreciate all the advice guys. Keep it coming if you want to.
                        5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

buy a WHOLE cow....bulk discount...lots of protein...dead animals=GOOD
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

What are the benefits of eating red meat vs chicken breast and such ?
                            Whenever i eat red meat I have a hard time digesting it .. but chicken / tuna and stuff like that is easly digested.

Wouldn't it be better to eat meat u knew would digest properly ?

Some people say that the hype about red meat is just a myth.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by eiv
                              W

Some people say that the hype about red meat is just a myth.. ?
                              Why don't you do this--Go find EVERY 300lb bodybuilder that you can and ask him what his main source of protein is,then come back and tell us
                              Massive G
                              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Working...
                              X