What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

I have reached a point with my rack-deads where I can no longer grip the bar (even with wraps) and get into a consisten lifting flow. Every time I lift the weight my grip gives out and the wraps begin to slip causing me to lose control of the weight. After every rep I have to re-wrap and then attempt the rep. I have the Shiek wraps with the dowel. But for losing my grip my back is not to the point where it has been fatigued. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Maybe lower the weight and do full deads if you can?? That way you'll be able to grip the lower weights...and still get good results from full deads.

R

Comment

Thanks I will try that. But even then I assume I will eventually run into the same problem there as well. At that point do you just find a way to alter the volume by either lowering the weights and increasing sets and/or reps?

Comment

Originally posted by KravmanianDevil
        Thanks I will try that. But even then I assume I will eventually run into the same problem there as well. At that point do you just find a way to alter the volume by either lowering the weights and increasing sets and/or reps?

Your rack deads weights should be MUCH higher than your full deadlift weights I'd imagine. It might take a long while to get to the point to where you run into the same grip problem with full deads. Maybe working on your grip via forearm excersises may help also too. I think with straps and decent grip strength one should be able to hold over 400lbs with no problems. Unless your going over this for full deads, you should be okay without working on your grip strength. Plus as you get stronger, so should your grip.

R

Comment

Your using to much weight drop it a little slow do your reps and go back up again slowly.

Comment

grab that bar tighter you big fairy
            Massive G
            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

buy some "Captains of Crush" grippers and build your grip strength up!
              Sound as though you need to buy the trainer , and the # 1 to start with .
              This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

you can get weight lifting hooks...
                im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

Originally posted by KravmanianDevil
                  I have reached a point with my rack-deads where I can no longer grip the bar (even with wraps) and get into a consisten lifting flow. Every time I lift the weight my grip gives out and the wraps begin to slip causing me to lose control of the weight. After every rep I have to re-wrap and then attempt the rep. I have the Shiek wraps with the dowel. But for losing my grip my back is not to the point where it has been fatigued. Do you guys have any suggestions?
                  Ok, let's see what Batdog thinks, he has answers to everything:
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Ok, sorry about that Batdog is the mean side of my, hehe. I would lighten the load somewhat and be sure your form is perfect and maybe consider some better straps (or hooks) like mentioned above, somebody was also recommending some Lee Priest straps on prowriststraps.com lately, you could check that out.
                    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Thanks BatDog. I might try the hooks. Right now I am using the Shieks w/dowel. I might give the hooks a try.

Comment

Working...
                      X