RACK CHINS vs PULL UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RACK CHINS vs PULL UPS

whats the advantage of doing rack chins over normall pull ups?

You can add tons of weight with rack chins. I feel alot more stable with rack chins than with regular chins.

Comment

yea but you decrease the weight by resting your legs on a bench.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChRoNic
        yea but you decrease the weight by resting your legs on a bench.....
        Thats why u add weight ontop of u. Alot of people tend to like rack chins more cause of the position it puts u in.

i havent tried them yet as the gym im at is iffy about hangin urself off stuff.

Comment

there is no other lat exercise like the rack chin....
          TRAIN
          EAT
          SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Even though I haven't given them a go yet on Dante's training, I would imagine that it would be one of those exercises where it would be much harder to progress on than racks or pulldowns.

jim
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

When you get to be heavy it makes doing pull-ups pretty hard. Doing rack chins allows for greater progression over time and thus makes it superior for certain people.
              What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

I just tried them for the first time over the weekend. OUCH!!! They gave me the best lat pump I have ever had. EVER.

What I would like to know is how everyone likes to do them. I did them to the front, because going behind the neck really hurt my shoulders. just wondering. Also....how high is everyone putting their feet up. Mine were pretty high, just like the diagram JP posted.

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing ANYONE who can do chin-ups correctly.Correctly being that at the top of the movement the bar is touching your upper chest or at the very least your chin is over the bar in the contracted position.Not saying that no-one here can do regular chin-ups the way I'm describing but they sure don't weigh 300+lbs
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

The most chins I was ever able to do was 6 with perfect form. I tried the other day just for the hell of it. Can't do one. LOL

Comment

I doubted the rack chins too before I tried them, being a long time fan of regular chins and pullups.
                      Now, nothing makes my lats more sore. Nothing.
                      CrossFit Champions
                      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I do the rack chins because i cant do enough reps of regular chins. Now assisted chins are a different story, i love those, there not in my routine right now but i find they do work pretty well.

Comment

There is no better lat exercise, IMO

Comment

I feel that rack chins stretch the lats very well at the bottom position to.

Originally posted by husker
                            I just tried them for the first time over the weekend. OUCH!!! They gave me the best lat pump I have ever had. EVER.

What I would like to know is how everyone likes to do them. I did them to the front, because going behind the neck really hurt my shoulders. just wondering. Also....how high is everyone putting their feet up. Mine were pretty high, just like the diagram JP posted.
                            are you sure you never went higher than the top of your ears on the bar when you did the rack chins to back.

By the way, when I do rack chins my ass is just slightly lower than my feet in the top position,..... putting the bench slightly lower (but still keeping the feet above your ass in the top position) when doin rack chins to the back could reduce the back/ham stretch and allow your torso to stay more upright which could possibly eliminate your shoulder problems,........ just a thought.
                            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

what makes them so good? I thought about this one and think about this...

the closer you are to the top of the rep, the more weight is transfered onto the bench. so you're deloading the weight onto the bench making it easier to complete the rep where you're weakest, which is the top of the rep. this is exactly what most good back machines do.

Comment

Working...
                              X