T-Bar row form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Bar row form

The T-Bar station at my gym has a shoulder-width vertical grip and a slightly wider horizontal grip. Which grip should I use?
    Life is what you make of it.

Originally posted by eru
    The T-Bar station at my gym has a shoulder-width vertical grip and a slightly wider horizontal grip. Which grip should I use?
    I haven't used any T-bar station, most here rather like putting a barbel in a corner and using a v-bar grip. Try that,.... but if you decide to do the t-bar station I would go with the vertical (v-bar) grip.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

personally I do them both. That way you hit different angles of the back.
      just like doing incline bench and flat bench you do it for a purpose to build
      all the muscle.

Comment

Most t-bar rows are horrible. My physiology makes for all t-bar rows to be VERY uncomfortable and they end up straining my hams more than anything (short legs, long torso + bending over and rowing heavy weight). The rows in the corner still strain them to an extent, but it's much less stress. One of my favorite exercises.

Comment

The old fashioned way with the barbell in the corner and a v-bar grip is the best IMO...
          Train like a freak, every time.

Comment

t-bar rows in the corner are 1 of my favorite exercises i find that my back gets hit harder than when you use the machines. just dont arch your back to get the weight up cause thats just dumb and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane
              The old fashioned way with the barbell in the corner and a v-bar grip is the best IMO...
              I just started doing them this way and I love it! I wish I was stronger though....only 2/45's for 8 reps.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandGirl
                I just started doing them this way and I love it! I wish I was stronger though....only 2/45's for 8 reps.
                pfffft, I know girls who won't even walk in a gym. Nevermind pump iron.

That's good weigh btw!

Keep going IG!!
                ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Hey thanks big guy! I appreciate that alot!

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
                    pfffft, I know girls who won't even walk in a gym.
                    !
                    Bro, we know ALL about the girls you know
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

you might wana try 25lbs plates instead, you get a greater range of motion. until you run out of room on the bar then its time to upgrade to 35lbs plates

Comment

keep in mind that if those 45's are pretty big you could get a better range of motion by using smaller weights.
                        (edited,....damn goliath, you beat me by a minute)

you say you used only 2/45's, last time I did them I used less weight than that and I'm male,..... at least I got a little more reps than 8 and my form was good,........... ehhhh, let's talk about something else :o .
                        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

The only problem I find is you need someone to stand with their foot/toe on the end of the bar in the corner to prevent it from flying up once you get past 6 plates with those 45s at the start of the movement.
                          Last edited by Creator_11; 11-05-2004, 10:21 PM.
                          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
                            The only problem I find is you need someone to stand with their foot/toe on the end of the bar in the corner to prevent it from flying up once you get past 6 plates with those 45s at the start of the movement.
                            Roll the heaviest db you can on the end if noone's available.
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                              Bro, we know ALL about the girls you know

lol i remember the one who was bald
                              "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Working...
                              X