Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado experiment and DC similarities

Now, ... I know that most of DCers dont like HIT but this experiment
    simply reminds me too much of DC way of working.
    First , Casey was training with one set per BP with accentuated negative phase
    OR pure negatives.
    Second, he was training 3 times per week
    Third, he was pounding down about 5k-6k kcal per day
    Fourth , he was pounding down about 500grams of protein per day.
    Lastly he gained 45 pounds of bodyweight but lost 17 pounds of fat.
    I think this kind of training looks very much like DC (except he wasnt using split).
    What do you think ?

Think what you want. It's not that we hate HIT, it's that we hate the way Mentzer did it. I (as well as a few other members) built our foundations and made very good gains using a modified form of Heavy Duty. There ARE similar programs out there, such as the aforementioned modified Heavy Duty, but DC ties up all the loose ends, dots the i's and crossed the t's.

Comment

But, was Casey not in the hospital two months prior to this experiment, and how much weight did he lose in the hospital from the infection he had?...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Yea, that's definitely true too. I completely forgot about that.

Comment

If I am not mistaken (and I am SURE I will be corrected if I am wrong lol), wasn't a big part of the "experiment" that Casey could only use the shitty Nautilus machines?? I think the experiment was less about how much of a great trainer Arthur Jones was but rather how "great" the nautilus line of machines was.

Huh?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

True. This really seems to be the case if you read the stories. I actually hate most Nautilus equipment, some on here seem to love it though.

Comment

I don't like it, either, but back in the day it was the Hammer Strength of the time.

I remember getting INTO non-nautilus leg extension machines that looked like the cabin of a fucking rocket ship. No shit, either.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip, Ain't nothing wrong with Nautilus back in the day of the red and blue stuff, I trained on it for some 6 years and built some serious muscle on it and Jones had some very good ideas that I followed.

Double Chest, Double Shoulder and the Duo Squat were awesome pieces of equipment...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I started off with the nautilus shit back in the day and it was decent. I actually worked at a nautilus fitness center for 4 and a half years while I was in college as a trainer and selling memberships. The good ole' days,,,, LOL.
                  I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

The whole Colorado experiment was a ploy to sell Simiths Natulus equipment. Pics of Casey prior to the experiment should he hadnt trained eaten or did any supps for awhile..he was way smalller than any other pics you'll ever see of him...
                    It was a scam
                    Last edited by SweatMachine; 10-29-2004, 06:49 PM.
                    SweatMachine
                    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Casey had in-human(no pun intended) genetics for gaining muscle mass in a short period of time, not to mention he was at an all-time low in bodyweight and composition. D.C. Training and HIT share one thing, training to failure, but that's about it. I've been a lurker for about 2 weeks now after coming out of powerlifting and an 8 month lay-off due to a back injury, and have decided to shift my goals towards gettin freackin' huge I love the incorpoation of rest-pause, the simplicity of the periodization scheme, and the incredible intensity of the work-outs. I don't see how anyone could..to rip FRKhuge off, cluster fuck this program. I'm out like a fat girl in dodgeball. Great forum and members BTW.

Comment

Yeah! Another powerlifter! Yeah, the Colorado experiment is really suspect. Viator addmitted in one artcle that he would train later at a gym when done with Jones.

And I actually like alot of Naut. equipment.
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

IN Human and others are right...
                          Casey had lost a ton of weight and in fact almost died from an infection I beleieve -he partially lost a finger or sumthing working on an oil rig.
                          Muscle Memory and Viator always claimed to do more sets than was published.
                          I actually found an old beta VHS tape at a health club that was 10 years old many years ago at a health club in MD that was being torn down.
                          It was a seminar by Casey viator and he mentioned that Mike Mentzer always did 3-4 sometimes 5 times the amount of sets he wrote about..I wish I had it but a "freind" was supposed to re-work the tape to DVD and never returned it.
                          DC Gains are Fresh gains......not old ones coming back.
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Mr. Heavy Duty was such a putz. I talked with him and he hung up on me because I called him a pseudo-intellectual. That guy tried to get spiritual/psychobabblish on me about lifting. So I asked, "Are you some type of pseduo-intellectual?" I was paying long distance to talk and then he was gonna be charging me for the consult. I wanted to hear about lifting...not his latest hiaku.
                            International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                              The whole Colorado experiment was a ploy to sell Simiths Natulus equipment. Pics of Casey prior to the experiment should he hadnt trained eaten or did any supps for awhile..he was way smalller than any other pics you'll ever see of him...
                              It was a scam

Yeah he had also had a long layoff from AS and was blasting them during the experiment I bet.
                              Mod @ www.bodybuilding.com

Comment

Working...
                              X