Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating the protein First Reviewing Why we do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good shit boys

Comment

so is this pretty much what happens

-you eat the protein first...the protein collects at the bottom of your stomache, and starts getting broken down
      -then, you eat the carbs....the carbs do not mix with the protein, but sit on top of the protein.....

is that pretty much how it works? what happens next? do the carbs, sitting on top, start going into the intestine while the protein is digesting? or do the carbs have to weight until the protein is gone, then hte carbs can start moving in the intestine?

Comment

Originally posted by IronReload 04 View Post
        so is this pretty much what happens

-you eat the protein first...the protein collects at the bottom of your stomache, and starts getting broken down
        -then, you eat the carbs....the carbs do not mix with the protein, but sit on top of the protein.....

is that pretty much how it works? what happens next? do the carbs, sitting on top, start going into the intestine while the protein is digesting? or do the carbs have to weight until the protein is gone, then hte carbs can start moving in the intestine?
        Do you eat standing up, sitting down, lying down, or upside down? lol
        I work my ass off to kick yours.

My thoughts in that are "If you take the crap, you deserve that crap, stop complaining about it to everyone" - "Feel sorry for me while I chow down this box of oreo's" - DANTE

Comment

Great-Great information. Thanks G for bumping the information you provided years ago. Excellent.
          When you're a hammer...the rest of the world looks like a nail...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured

Comment

Great info, but the ultimate goal is still EATING ALL THE DAMN FOOD YOU NEED TO GROW AND DON¨T CHEAT YOURSELF
            Last edited by betito; 09-22-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by betito View Post
              Great info, but the ultimate goal is still EATING ALL THE DAMN FOOD YOU NEED TO GROW AND DON¨T CHEAT YOURSELF, once you are able to doit day after day start worrying about the order.
              Betito>>>

Although I agree that we need to pound the food...how much better to know "how" to pound it. If one has no concern of gaining adipose that would be one thing. For those of use who want to make certain that we keep that type of weight gain to a minimum, proper order must be taken into consideration. Of course this doesn't minimize the need for cardio etc.

If we slam a double quarter pounder, chicken Mcnuggets, large fries, and so forth, just for the sake of getting calories, how long do you think it would take for that diet to prove effective in only growing our waist line? This could be the same at home, when we eat our dinner of meatloaf, baked potato, tall glass of milk, and a short time later, a nice big bowl of ice cream.

Although you might find me from time to time in the drive through ordering a double QP, it is mainly when I'm out of my lunch and I need to get something in my system. However, I now lean towards two grilled chicken breast...plain, w/o all the mayo and crap.
              When you're a hammer...the rest of the world looks like a nail...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured

Comment

Originally posted by Ironraider View Post
                Betito>>>

Although I agree that we need to pound the food...how much better to know "how" to pound it. If one has no concern of gaining adipose that would be one thing. For those of use who want to make certain that we keep that type of weight gain to a minimum, proper order must be taken into consideration. Of course this doesn't minimize the need for cardio etc.

If we slam a double quarter pounder, chicken Mcnuggets, large fries, and so forth, just for the sake of getting calories, how long do you think it would take for that diet to prove effective in only growing our waist line? This could be the same at home, when we eat our dinner of meatloaf, baked potato, tall glass of milk, and a short time later, a nice big bowl of ice cream.

Although you might find me from time to time in the drive through ordering a double QP, it is mainly when I'm out of my lunch and I need to get something in my system. However, I now lean towards two grilled chicken breast...plain, w/o all the mayo and crap.
                I totally agree, sorry if I made a poor explained post

Comment

This may be a stupid question or maybe its been answered already but when is the protien in carbs (pasta, breads, etc.) digested. Are they digested in the mouth or are the protiens seperated from the carbs in the stomach and then digested there. Just curious.
                  Pain of sacrifice, pain of regret,
                  Your choice.:frusty:

Comment

This needs a bump ...
                    eat, lift, rest & eat

Comment

• I learned awhile ago that mixing quick-carbs/sugars and fats, while tasty, are not physique friendly. No one ever got big and lean on Krispy Kreme.
                      Yet for a long time, and sometimes even now, I have a breakfast of several whole eggs and whole wheat toast or oatmeal with natural peanut butter. That is Pro/Carb/Fat. The distiction I always made, in my mind and opinion, is that "slow-carbs" or fiberous carbs can be paired with fats, due to their gentle insulin release. I realize, of course, that my opinion is mine and I can do what I want. But isn't there some distinction to be seen (concerning insulin, fat storage, etc) between a bowl of, say, slow-digesting pasta and olive oil vs a bowl of Ben and Jerrys'?
                      Do not go gentle into that good night,
                      Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
                      Because their words had forked no lightning they
                      Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
                      Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
                      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• I love posts like this, very informative. Thanks MassiveG
                        Rock On! Rock Hard!

sigpic

Comment

• BUMP, one of the greatest post

Comment

• Thanks for the bump. Great info right here.
                            My DC journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25271

Use my TrueProtein Discount Code to get 5% of your TrueProtein order or 10% off an order of 16lbs or more! GJC546

Comment

• Bump for new people or those that haven`t seen this thread.
                              Limitations are set in the limited mind

Comment

• Never knew this thread existed. Thanks a lot for the bump guys

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

TrueProtein

Use the discount code SMM100 and save 5%

Comment

Working...
                                X