Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating the protein First Reviewing Why we do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a mod can move it, but it's too good to move over to the PP forum, IMO. Just another thread over there with a link to this one and MG's original post copied in will suffice.

oh yea...BUMP.
    "Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

- Aristotle

Comment

bump because i couldnt access the article you linked at the bottom .

There are only three reasons why you may not like the Whopper.
      * You hate America and your parents.
      * You enjoy killing puppies.
      * You are not awesome
      I would highly recommend that all first dates happen at Burger King. Order your new girl/guy a Whopper. If he or she refuses feel free to yell, "You are a lame dog killing terrosist!"
      TRUE PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: SDM333. :bye2: PLEASE USE IT:bye2:

Comment

bump
        [if you want good quality protein go to trueprotein.com and use JJN777 for a 5% discount.

Comment

There is also the hormonal aspect of eating protein before carbs. Insulin can't rise as high or as fast because of the hormone (can't recall the name) which rises when you eat protein. If I recall correctly, the two are in opposition?

Comment

glucagon
            My DC Journal

I haven't seen a guy who can squat 500 for 20 reps, bench press 500 for 15 and deadlift 500 for 15 who was small yet ---but I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of people in the gym and on these Internet forums that are a buck 65 or two and change, shouting that you don't have to lift heavy to get big-DC

Comment

bump
              weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.
              www.xconditioning.com

Comment

Awh damn ,was this info hidden somewhere in the stickies?
                Well better late then never , good read and thanks 4 the info
                "Throw a stone into a pool and it will make a splash
                and the wave will run to the edges of the pool.
                The larger the stone, the larger the splash
                and the larger the resulting wave." - Arthur Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Callavaro View Post
                  Awh damn ,was this info hidden somewhere in the stickies?
                  Well better late then never , good read and thanks 4 the info
                  nah it's just another example of how much great info there is on this board if you spend some time and read around and use the search button
                  weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.
                  www.xconditioning.com

Comment

awesome thread. i am so thankful that i found this site. thanks for keeping it bumped.
                    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

shouldnt this be the staple of anyones nutrition program? or is it?? seems like you would be at a clear disadvantage if you did anything else.
                      Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

bump
                        Troponin Nutritionist

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --TrueProtein.com Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

sigpic

Comment

Nice read!...Enjoyed it tremendously!...I knew not to mix carbs and fats, just didn't know why *LOL*...

NJ

Comment

Not sure if this is one those stupid questions, but I've just got to ask...

When taking supps. (multivitams,creatine,glut, test boosters, ect.), would u need to be concious of order, whether empty stomach, with protein vs. carbs. vs fats?...Any specific way those types of supps. need to be handled?

NJ

Comment

old thread but not outdated
                              Massive G
                              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

And if all that Massive G has said above isnt good enough for you, you can go here and do some research yourself on eating protein first in the meal.

http://www.metabolismjournal.com/art...01229/abstract

a) Elevated metabolism
                                b) Flattened guucose response
                                c) Less likelihood of fat storage
                                Dantes Blog: http://tn-community.com/category/dantes-board/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/dante.trudel.5

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training - [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X