Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating the protein First Reviewing Why we do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Post G.....
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Hey guys that drink raw eggs: you might want to do some research into the binding protein avidin which is present in egg whites. Avidin keep the aminos bound together and requires intense heat or the vitamin biotin to denature it and bind to it. Egg whites are extremely low in biotin. Basically, this means that drinking raw egg whites leads to no digestion and absorption or the aminos contained in eg protein. To digest egg protein it should be cooked or supplemented with a large dose of biotin to bind and deactivate the avidin.
      There was a study done in the 50's or 60's on an man that ate only raw egg whites and pretty much nothing else. He was so frail and malnourished due to protein deficiency and a biotin deficiency due to the the avidin in the egg whites drawing a lot of biotin from his system.

Comment

How have I never seen such a good post:tsk:
        "If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
        -Trop

Comment

great post g:second:
          "Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte.

Comment

Nice post
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

AWESOME POST......good info.

One question, can I have a protein/fat meal in the day? I like drinking a protein shake with natural peanut butter, can I do that, considering that i don't eat carbs after 6pm?

Comment

One question, can I have a protein/fat meal in the day? I like drinking a protein shake with natural peanut butter, can I do that, considering that i don't eat carbs after 6pm?
                obviously you CAN, there seem to be at least a few on here that use tcd or tkd(wtf ever you call it) so we know that there are people continuing to progress in size and strength with it. i would ask mainly is there some reason you feel you need to? for instance is your bf% high, or on its way up and you are trying to prevent it? if so an appropriately timed pro/fat meal in place of a pro/carb might be helpful. but then there are lots of other things to consider; how much cardio you do, your overall diet and macros in each meal, individual metabolism....i could go on but you get my point.
                My DC Journal

I haven't seen a guy who can squat 500 for 20 reps, bench press 500 for 15 and deadlift 500 for 15 who was small yet ---but I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of people in the gym and on these Internet forums that are a buck 65 or two and change, shouting that you don't have to lift heavy to get big-DC

Comment

jimmy73 does 95 lb shoulder presses...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fukk_Abs
                    jimmy73 does 95 lb shoulder presses...lol
                    if that is what you have to offer for your 1st post you can get the hell out of here.
                    To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
                    --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
                    - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
                    "Consistency can take you a long way"
                    - Homonunculus

Comment

ok i have a question. in this month's flex Dante says eat protein, veggies then carbs but here it says eat protein carbs then veggies. just a little confused? i think in the magazine he gave the reasoning of if you eat the carbs last you dont eat as many.
                      [SIZE="3"]In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
                      --General Robert E. Lee

use this code at trueprotein.com and get 5% off jkw333

Comment

I'd eat as Dante suggested.
                        Massive G
                        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

bump for good thread
                          [if you want good quality protein go to trueprotein.com and use JJN777 for a 5% discount.

Comment

I would venture to say post this in the puppy pound forum. this is a good rule of thumb for beginners starting out who question how to eat and when/what order?
                            For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

yeap your right sorry
                              [if you want good quality protein go to trueprotein.com and use JJN777 for a 5% discount.

Comment

anybody know how to bump the thread to another forum? sorry definitely not computer guru lol

Comment

Working...
                                X